Morning Run

Chapter 2

A couple of drinks later, I finally began closing up the bar and Tig waited up until I was done. Lisa and Martin had left early after Lisa hurt her wrist, which meant I was the only one left to clean up. Tig helped me clean up and made sure the bar was well locked up before escorting me to my car.

"Thank you for helping me clean up," I said thankfully to Tig.

"Don't sweat it darling. Least I could do for that last couple of drinks," Tig stated.

I smiled before we embraced for a small moment and I felt the warmth of his body hold mine. He was a good friend. Tig was always there when I needed him, just like the rest of the club was. They were my family, and I loved them all.

A minute later we left each other's arms before I got in my car and Tig got on his motorbike, and we both rode off in opposite directions, heading home.

~

Once I arrived home, I walked along in the empty house before seeing my brown bulldog called Max, running along to see me. My older brother, Harry 'Opie' Winston, had been taking care of him while I was working today and I was so relieved to not be the only one in this house after a long day at work. I suddenly crouched down to his level so he could welcome me home.

"Hey boy," I said with a smile.

Max then reached me before I began to hug him.

"Guess its just you and me tonight," I told him before getting up and walking off with him following behind.

I then quickly made myself something to eat before heading upstairs to go to bed.

~

The next day I awoke early a went for a run. Max stayed at home while I left to clear my head. I wore:

It was refreshing to do this early in the morning and it was a good thing to do for work

Just then, I heard the sound of motorbikes getting ready to pass me before turning and seeing Chibs, Tig and Juice.

"Look what I've found lads. Its that lovely bartender, who paid for our drinks last night," Chibs said as he slowed at my pace.

"Morning to you too, boys," I said as I continued to run along.

"Say, was it lonely for you last night?" Chibs asked.

"It was okay. I had Max," I answered.

"What about the past two years? How has the sex life been?" Chibs asked.

"Asking me that would be assuming that I had one," I stated.

"That bad, huh? Perhaps I should pay you a visit," Chibs said.

"Or I could," Juice jumped in.

"Any of us would be happy to," Tig stated.

"That's kind boys. But honestly, I don't think either Jax nor Opie would like that. And anyway, I have a son to think of," I explained.