Working For The Night

Chapter 4

The rest of the day I spent with my son. Enjoying every moment of motherhood. I felt like until this moment, I hadn't spent much time with him. I had always been busy with work or something else important. This was the first time in a long time that I had spent hours alone with just me and him. I loved it and I know he did as well.

As the day turned to night however, I begun to get ready to go to work. I had to change my outfit so I wore:

 I had to change my outfit so I wore:

Once I was ready I headed downstairs. The babysitter, Vanessa, had already arrived and so all that was left to do was to say goodnight to my son. So I quickly rushed over to him and kissed his forehead before leaving the house and letting Vanessa take over.

~

After I arrived at work, I had noticed all the people running for the jobs were there. All seven of them. Well, one of them was a crow eater for Tig but I wasn't going to tell him that. I didn't want him messing with my future employees like I knew he would despite me telling him no earlier. Her name was Tanya, and she knew her job. She was going to pretend to be working for me but instead will be pleasing Tig later. That was my plan and hopefully it was going to work.

Other than Tanya, there were six other future employees. I had Quinn Brady, who I had spoken to earlier. She was young as I suspected. She had long blonde hair like Lisa but had green eyes like Martin. It was odd to see that she was like a blend of my two employees. There was also Stephen, a young, gay and very sassy guy. Alice was another future employee, who seemed rather quiet, with her long black hair covering one of her blue eyes. There was also Jasper and Jordan, a set of brown haired twins, and lastly there was Jade. She seemed to have an energetic personality, which was important for this job.

I felt glad to see the number of people that turned up, making me feel like this job at least mattered to some people.

"Right everyone, you know what to do. You have all had your interviews from Lisa and Martin, who have reported back to me everything. Now, I want to see what you can all do. Be kind, work hard and impress me. Remember, only four of you will be getting to work here so make tonight count. Tomorrow you will get a call if you get the job and if you don't then I thank you for trying out. Good luck," I explained in a speech to everyone before the doors finally opened and in poured customers.

As I watched customers pour in, I suddenly noticed Tig walk in before checking out Tanya. I began to grin at this before focusing my eyes on all my workers. So far Stephen was doing the best. He managed to handle four customers at once in just a few seconds. I liked the way he handled them, which made me almost certain that I was going to give him a job. I continued to look around at the others just as Tig sat down opposite me.

"You came," I stated, not at all surprised that he came.

"I did. Tell me, who is that tall brunette?" Tig asked, referring to the crow eater.

"Tanya. And you can look but don't touch," I said, trying to act like she was working for me.

"We'll see," Tig said before walking off to go talk with Tanya.

I shook my head, sighed and then continued to watch my future employees.

~

Later that day I had finally closed up. Tig had already left with Tanya, which didn't surprise me one bit, Lisa and Martin had already discussed who they thought deserved the jobs, and everyone else had left. All that was left for me to do was to lock up. So I quickly locked up, got in my car and drove home.

~

Once I was home, I dismissed Vanessa before heading up to bed. Theo was fast asleep, Max was the same, I was the only one up until I finally jumped into bed and drifted to sleep.