At The Hospital

Chapter 3

Shortly after breakfast, Tig and I left the house before we got on his motorbike and drove off. I had my arms wrapped around him the whole way there, making me feel safe from his warmth until we finally arrived at the hospital.

~

"Thanks for the lift," I said as I climbed off it and handed him his helmet.

"No problem. So I'll see you later?" Tig asked.

"Only if you don't sleep with the work," I answered.

"We'll have to see," Tig said before driving off and leaving me at the hospital.

I sighed before heading inside to go see Abel. I was excited to see him as my son's younger half brother but also nervous to see the ten week premature baby. I was concerned about him surviving, which only made me walk faster to the elevator all the way up to the children's ward.

Once I reached the right floor. I suddenly spotted Tara Knowles, one of my oldest and closest friends ever. Tara and I knew each other when we were little and grew up knowing one another but she had left a while ago to escape Charming and only recently had she returned.

"Hi Tara," I smiled, bringing her attention over to me.

"Tess, its great to see you," Tara smiled back before we hugged.

After a moment we stopped before I finally told her what I was doing here.

"I came to see Abel. I heard about what happened with Wendy and I know he's ten weeks premature. I just wanted to see him," I explained.

"Sure, of course. This way," Tara said before leading me to Abel's room where I saw he was in an incubator and had several tubes around him.

He looked so small and I instantly felt sorry for him. I slowly raised my hand and placed it against the incubator, wishing I could hold him and comfort him the way a mother should. Suddenly I heard the door open behind me and I instantly turned to see Jax standing there. Tara had left us both alone before I watched Jax walk up beside me.

"Sorry I didn't tell you I was coming. I just- I wanted to see him," I apologized.

"I get it. He could have been yours," Jax stated.

"I'll always be there for him, despite not being his mother. I'll take care of him and protect as my own. If that is okay with you?" I asked.

"Of course it is. But you don't have to."

"I want to, and Theo would want me to. Where is he anyway?"

"With Gemma. She stayed outside with Theo while I came to see Abel. Anyway, I've got to go. The club need me."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just same old club business. Come on, lets go," Jax said before we both left Abel and went to see Theo and Gemma.

Walking out of the room, I spotted Gemma sitting down with Theo standing in front of her. He had a toy train in his hand while Gemma played with him. I smiled at this before they spotted me.

"Look Theo, there's mommy," Gemma said, pointing her finger at me to tell Theo I was there.

I watched Theo smile before beginning to walk towards me. I then walked over to him before crouching down and catching him just as he reached me. I then sat him on my hip as I arose to my feet just as Gemma walked over to me. I heard Jax walk up behind us before kissing Theo's head.

"I got to go," Jax stated.

I nodded before he kissed Gemma's cheek, saying goodbye and then left. I then focused my attention back onto Gemma.

"Thank you for taking care of him," I said to her.

"That's alright, sweetheart. We had fun, didn't we?" Gemma asked Theo as she tickled his neck, causing him to laugh.

Gemma smiled at this, reminding me of how much she loved being a grandma.

"Now I've got to go take care of the druggy mom, who tried to kill my second grandson."

"Good luck."

"See you later, sweetheart," Gemma said before kissing my cheek.

She then kissed Theo before walking away. Once she was gone, I looked at Theo for a moment before sighing.

"What is our family like?" I asked him.

Theo continued to smile at me before showing me his train.

"Yeah, its a train," I smiled before walking off with him to the elevator to exit the hospital.

~

After exiting the hospital, I quickly called a cab to come and collect us before we finally headed home. I watched as Theo played with his train while I held him in my arms. I had missed him, despite only being away from him for a day. My son was my everything. He was my world.

~

Eventually the cab stopped and I finally noticed we were home. I smiled before paying the driver and heading out with my son. I kept my boy on my hip before heading towards my house.