Chapter 28: Brave step

Haley's POV:

I am sitting in the photo booth right now with Grayson beside me. We weren't planning to come here. But the crowd was worse. We are facing opposite directions and suddenly I hear a click sound. If we are in a photo booth, why waste the pictures? So I turn my head to look at Grayson so that I can tell him to give a nice pose. And right then I hit my head with his forehead and our lips touch. My eyes instinctively goes wide and the camera clicks again. Oh god! I pull away and cover my mouth with one hand. The camera clicks again! Damn it!
Then we both get out of there. The crowd is comparably less. Grayson collects the photos. I see Grayson looking at a certain picture which he quickly tears from the other photos.

"Hey what's that?" I ask peeking over his shoulder. He immediately tucks it in his pocket.

"I'm keeping that one." He says smiling as he hands me over the other two photos. I inspect it throughly and find that Grayson has the picture in which we were kissing. He definitely did that intentionally. God! This is so embarrassing!

"Grayson give me that picture." I say as I step closer to get the picture.

"No. What are you gonna do with it?" He backed away. I'm going to tear that photo apart and throw it in the trash can.

"You don't need it." I say and start to search his pockets.

"What are you doing?" He starts to move his legs and shoulders.

"Give. Me. That. Photo!" I try to get a hold of him when his phone starts to ring. He holds up his hand in a signal of dismissal. I stop as he takes out his phone and answers to it.

"Yeah. Ethan. No we were in a photo booth." He stops and gives me a cheeky grin. "What?..no the crowd became crazy and that was the only empty place. So we got in." He stops again to hear what Ethan says. "Yeah...okay we're coming." He says and ends the call. "They are waiting for us in the Food Court." He says and I nod.

"Which way is it?" I ask Grayson. We've been walking for five minutes and he changed the directions like three times.

"It's this way." He points straight wards.

"You just said that a while ago and changed the direction after it." I huffed.

"It's this way. I'm sure." I roll my eyes at that. I can at last see the Food Court. Thank god! I thought we are lost. We walk straight into there. A relief washes over me when I spot them in the corner of the restaurant.

"Thank god! At least they didn't get lost like us", Gray mutters.

"Yeah because you weren't there to miss lead", I stuck out my tongue.

"Excuse me? Maybe you are missing out the part where you were about to drift away in the crowd?", he replies sassily.

"As if you weren't there", I roll my eyes.

"Look they are here", Harley runs towards us.

"I'm glad that I finally found you", I say and look at Grayson who only shrugs his shoulder.

"Where were you guys?" Harley says wiggling her eyebrows at me. I poke her by my elbow.

"Mr. Weirdy Pants didn't know the way to get here." I say looking at Grayson.

"So didn't you." He glares at me.

"Okay fine! Now let's go. I'm starving." Harley stops us from another fight and drags us to the table.

"We already ordered for us and for you two also", Ethan states.

"Fine with me", I say as I take my seat. I sit on a chair from where I can see everyone's faces. On my left side is Harley and Grayson. And to the right side is Lucas and Ethan with Rio. Lucas is glancing at Harley every then and now. As I can see she is handling to avoid his stares. Is it just me or they are behaving a little too weird today?