Chapter-22: Concert

"Rise and shine", I hear my mom squeal beside me. I open my eyes and see her standing by my bed plastering a smile on her face. I get up and lean against my headboard.

"What's so good about waking up so early?", I groan.

"No no wake up. We are going out", she explains.

"I don't want to", I say and bury my face.

"You don't have to", she chuckles.

"Then why am I up so early?", I get up again.

"Because I needed to tell you before we leave. I wonder what would happen if I weren't there! You forget everything", she sighs. I try ignore what she just said.

"What is it, mom?"

"Your dad and I are leaving for his meeting. You know he never goes alone. But this time Stiffani and Britney are going with us", she chuckles.

"Oh".

"We will be back by Wednesday. Harley will be home with you. Don't leave her alone. You know she despises being home alone", she places a kiss on my forehead and leaves.

My slumber is ruined for now. So I step out of my bed and get freshen up. I go downstairs just to find them leaving.

"Good morning, sunshine", dad squeals.

"Good morning, dad", I give him a quick hug.

"So what does my big girl and my pumpkin want their daddy to bring from this trip?", dad holds my nose with this two fingers.

"I want you to bring my dad safely home and a loooong vacation with us and I am pretty sure your pumpkin, Harley wants the same thing", I say grinning at him. He lets out a hearty laugh.

"Anything for my big girl and my pumpkin", he says and places a kiss on my forehead. Then he turns towards Harley. "Don't let your sister sleep all day, okay?", he chuckles.

"Dad you know I won't let her", Harley says and gives dad a hug.

"Dad!", I whine.

"Okay okay we are leaving", he says Then we say our goodbyes to mom and my sisters and they leave for their flight.

I snuggle in the couch and turn on the tv after how long I can't even remember. "Harley, make my breakfast. I am starving", I yell out. Then Rio snuggles in my lap. I start to pat him.

"Today you are making breakfast", she stomps in the room and hops on the couch beside me.

"Why me?", I narrow my eyes.

"Because I have something you would love to take and that's why you will make breakfast today", she grins and holds out two concert tickets.

"Which one is this?", I hold out hand to grab them but she escapes.

"Breakfast first", she grins.

"Okay. But it better worth my hard work", I groan.

"I should have made you clean the house for this", she sighs.

"Don't get your hops high, honey", I say and pace towards the kitchen.
.
.
.
We are having pancakes for breakfast which is made by me. I am proud of myself that I managed to make pancakes without wrecking the whole kitchen. Maybes that's why my mom doesn't want me to enter into her kitchen. Anyway, I am improving.

"So what is it?", I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Your favorite band", she holds out the tickets. I take them out of her hand and stare at them with wide eyes.