'Dance with me?' Neville Longbottom x Reader

It was the fourth year at Hogwarts and our school was hosting the Triwizard Tournament. Three contestants of the three schools have to complete 3 tasks to become the champion. The two other schools were the French school Beauxbatons and the Bulgarian school Durmstrang. The three constestans were, Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory. We all thought that those were the champions but no it was not. There was a fourth champion and it was none other than the 14 year old Harry Potter. The first task was getting an egg from a dragon. The second task was saving a loved one from the lake. It was now time for our version of what they call in the muggle world Prom or Homecoming.

It was time for the Yule Ball and every girl already had a date. But i did not. I told myself that i would go alone and have some fun with my best friend. So both me and Y/f/n were getting into our dress and did our hair and makeup. I had chosen for a long flowy dress in my favourite colour and the same colour shoes. When me and Y/f/n were ready we walked towards the Great Hall. It looked so magical with all the ice-themed decorations. The champions walked in and began to dance. Y/f/n and i were like some others that didn't dance because xwe ended up not having a date, but that didn't matter. We had each other to have some fun. When everyone was finished, I went to grab some drinks.

I stood in front of the table, when there was a little tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted by Neville. "Hi Neville, How are you?" I smiled and asked him. "I am good. Uh, i want to ask you something. Will you dance with me?" He asked and i smiled. "Of course Neville." i spoke and walked with him to the dancefloor. I looked over at my best friend and i saw that she gave me 2 thumbs up. "Uh, Y/n. You have to know something. I was about to ask you to go with me to the Yule ball. But i was too scared to ask you, because i thought you might already had some guy that asked you." Neville spoke and i smiled at him.

"Well you were wrong. No one asked me. Maybe they all thought that i was too shy for them to go. I was planning not to go. But Y/f/n told me, if i dind't go, i would prove them all right. I don't want the whole school to think i am this shy girl for the 4th year, who would even dare to speak up for her self in class. I feel like i have to prove myself." I told Neville as we sat down at one of the tables. "You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Screw what everyone thinks, you are you and nobody has to tell you that you have to change. I love you for who you are. And you are perfect the way you are." Neville spoke. I saw that he had a pinkish shade on his cheeks after he told me that and i smiled. "Thanks Neville. But did you just say that you love me? " I asked him and he turned away.

"Neville, you don't have to be shy. Because i love you too. And i want you to know, that i will always be here for you. I am in love with you." I smiled and Neville looked at me. "I am in love with you too. Y/n will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and i nodded my head. "yes." I grabbed his cheeks in my hands and placed a kiss on his lips. He was hesitant at first, but eventually kissed me back. The rest of the night Neville and i danced together and with Y/f/n. It was definitly a night to remember.