Chapter 24 :" Surprise Birthday Party "

Hi guys I am back with an update ..Hope it lives upto your expectations

.............................................................

Two weeks later

Sanskar drove back home after the trial but he can't help but feel disappointed that Swara forgot his birthday .

Technically he didn't wish her on her birthday either but that was because she asked him to stay away from him back then . And his heart shuddered at the remainder of when she walked away from him during their marriage .

So he should be glad that he can return home to an lovely wife and adorable daughter right .Yet he cant help but be disappointed that Swara forgot his birthday

It brought a memory of the first year she worked for me .He had the policy of keeping his personal affairs from office , Hence didn't socialize with his colleagues except Arjun who was like an pest he can't get rid of even with his seriousness .

So his birthday was just like any other day . They do wish him at work but it doesn't extend to an celebration . So when Swara joined in his firm he was bit surprised to find a small handmade greeting card at his desk on his birthday .

More than the gesture her sincere wish for his happiness brought a flash of smile on his face the entire day . While he didn't thank her for the card he did held on to it all this awhile . And the next year she gave him one as well , He did thank her for that one and she promised to send one every year.

As an employee she remembered yet she forgot when he became her husband .He was looking forward to her wishes all day ..

He never felt the need to celebrate his birthday after his parents died but now when he had an family of his own .He wanted their wishes .

So he was tad disappointed they forgot even his bade maa who used to wish him every year failed to call today , As he drove back to his home he got bit surprised as the house was dark .

He was worried when no one answered the calling bell but when he tried to open the door it opened and Sanskar was alarmed that Swara hadn't locked the door .

He wondered why the generator didn't switch on as he walked towards the living room .All the awhile calling out his wife ..And when he stepped inside the hall that when the lights were switched on and he realized he stumbled into his birthday party ..

His eyes took in the guests which included his family , his friend Arjun and his wife Lekha with their kids Arnav and kavya , his colleagues and even Nisha who was Swara friend, Swara parents were missing as they went on an vacation .And yet his eyes locked on to his wife who was grinning happily and his daughter who was running towards him .

As Lavanya launched herself into his arms .Sanskar felt like an fool for ever thinking his wife would forget his birthday .

" Happy Birthday Papa ..I told mommy I will wish you first " her daughter said and kissed his cheeks and Sanskar never ever felt such happiness before .

Then came the chorus Happy Birthday song from his guests . And Sanskar felt happy when he spotted his wife walking towards him ..

She gently tugged his arm and dragged him towards the small setting where there was a cake placed for him .

She expected him to blow the candles and cut the cake but she didn't notice her daughter longing expression towards the cake .

Her husband was aware of it as he encouraged his daughter to blow the candle and cut the cake in his stead . Which resulted in an delighted Lavanya who never celebrated an birthday before ..