Tempest- Drabble

I came up with this a few days ago on the bus, it's a little out of the ordinary of what I usually write but enjoy!

-----------------------------

A man fell in love with The Rain.

He met her in a storm one day. She sat on top of a mountain, looking out ahead of her calmly. The rain that poured buckets down and the wind that nearly knocked the man off his feet didn't seem to affect her at all. Her body stayed firm like the wind was bending around her and when rain hit her, it disappeared, absorbed into her skin.

And she looked at him with blue eyes deeper than anything he could have ever seen, and smiled. Her hand held out, inviting him to sit with her.

He was hesitant, asking if it was safe and fear striking his heart when lightning flashed in the sky, but she said nothing. He wondered if she could even speak at all, or if she simply didn't see the need for words.

Adjusting the glasses on his face, he sat down beside her, even if logic told him he wasn't safe. But it started to melt away when the rain seemed to completely stop hitting him, and the wind that shook the trees avoided him. With a flick of her hand, the drops of water soaked into his clothes, dark hair and on his glasses left and instead gravitated towards her.

Impossible in some many ways, and yet here he was, seeing it with his own two, green eyes. She laughed at the amazed look on his face, and absorbed the water she took from him. He was completely dry, and felt so very warm inside. He couldn't stop smiling, and as it seemed, neither could she.

A woman capable of the impossible. Standing in the middle of a storm and yet, the wind didn't even faze her short, colorful hair, nor the water soak into her dark blue robes with golden inscription on them. 

After the storm passed, the man looked away for one moment, and she was gone.

But, he didn't leave his head. On a day of a summer shower, he left his home and found her in a forest this time. She seemed pleased he was there, and this time, allowed herself to get a little wet from the showers, enjoying the way it felt.

The man asked a million questions that day, and got to hear her voice. It was like water that ran over stones in a river, flowing and pleasant. And even when the day ended, he heard it over and over in his head and every time he so much as saw a drip of water, he could only think of her.

He started to see her outside of the rain, surprised when she sought him out. And there, she asked him questions. At first it was simple things like his name and where he came from, but she also asked of being human, as if she wasn't herself. The man wondered if she was a goddess.

He couldn't help but notice she always smelled like the world after it had just rained, even if it was a bright sunny day.

And then came the day he saw her get angry.

The man had enemies, not just people who disliked him, but people who wanted him gone. And one day, when they found him, he told her to run. She did at first, figuring this was something he could handle, but when she saw him getting kicked down and the others draw sharp blades, she stopped.

The air dropped at least a dozen degrees and the wind started to pick up. The sky that had once been sunny had turned dark in a split second, and rain started to pour. The attackers stopped, confused at the sudden change, and then it came. The rain swirled faster and faster until it was like a tornado made up of it. The sheer force that hit one of them when they got too close sent them flying, and a sickening snap rang out when they hit a tree at an awkward angle, and went limp.

The woman's eyes glowed with pure anger. She waved the rain tornado away and then loomed over the man, eyes fixated on the others. She was sending a message loud and clear that screamed 'Mine'. She was marking him as hers.

The attackers ran, but even after they were gone, the storm stayed, as did the look in her eyes. But when it the man touched her hand, it all went away, fading away as she looked at him and saw his weak smile.

The Rain had fallen in love with him.

************************************************

I had a few other ideas for weather (Wind, Lightning, even waves) in mind buttttt I really had this one down the most so I just did this one! A story of a personification of rain, though both characters are based on characters you know! Or at least, the man you'll most likely know. I didn't make it obvious but you might be able to figure it out with a few clues.

I hope you guys liked this! It's kinda an AU but I just wanted to write a little drabble! It's implied that the woman is either a goddess or a rain spirit (Or anything like that) So choose what you will! Be sure to comment as these things take a lotta brain power to make! See ya!

--JustAnAtlantisWriter