From Shadows To Light- SHCompanions!AU (Part One)

Okay, I made a new AU and reallyyyy wanted to write about it because it got me PUMPED

It's called Superheroes Companions AU. I had to get specific because A:I have another AU just called 'Superheroes AU' and B:Its a little different from your average Superhero stuff.

Basically, there are magical beings that people like to call 'Companions'. Companions have the ability to bond to one person, and give them superpowers and support, and in return, get extended life.

Think like this, they're small, floaty people who have a lot of potential power inside of them. Their life span can be kinda short, so they find a human they like, and connect their life force to the humans. It doesn't harm the human at all, but means the companion will now at least live as long as they do. Humans do benefit from it, gaining powers from the Companions and most decide to take up either being a super hero, or super villain, but not all.

Little notes:
+A Companion doesn't necessarily die when the human does, they just no longer have the guarantee of not dying.
+A Companion can bond with another person but only after their previous one dies. Only one at a time, with one exception
+Some Companions stick to families while some move around to different humans they like
+If someone is a part of twins and the Companion bonds to one of the twins, it will also bond with the other one
+Because Some People want to influence people with Companions to be either good or bad, Companions can make themselves invisible to everyone but the bonded human at will. The bonded human can always see them, no matter what
+Companions can't stray far from who they're bonded to (99% of the time)
+Powers vary from human to human and to Companion to Companion. Truthfully, there's no way of guessing what it'll be ahead of time
+There is no way of 'Unbonding' except death
+When Companions give them powers, they have to physically go inside their human. They can't be seeing during power usage, but can still be heard. In some dire cases, they can even briefly take control of the body.

Kinda inspired by Miraculous Ladybug? Kinda?

One last note, this is also a human/modern AU. They're in the city of Atlantia and all are human, and some have human names.

Are you ready?

Third Person
Cody had heard about Companions before. Joe and him fawned over heroes all the time, of course he did.

Companions. Magical, fairy like people who gave humans powers to save lives, or do great evil. In interviews from other heroes, they mentioned how thankful they were for their Companions help and that they owed it all to them. Some even mentioned their Companion was their best friend.

Cody wasn't sure how he got the short end of the stick and ended up with a fussy Companion that seemed to lecture him and Joe every time they screwed up.

"You're going to be late if you don't hurry up." His Companion scolded him. "I told you cooking bacon would take too long, you can't afford another tardy!"

Cody sighed, glancing over to see Joe had already tuned him out. His brown eyes returned to the road as he drove along the way to his college. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see him.

He had white hair and square glasses on his face. The Companion chose to wear his usual red tie and brown sweater vest, with a white shirt under all of it. His face was rather sharp, and his brown eyes were either soft, or deep, depending on if he was in a good or bad mood respectively.

As Cody started to pull up to the parking lot, noticing he still has three minutes left before class started, he grinned in triumph. "Ha! See? I'm going to be right on time. You shouldn't doubt me, Rasmus. I know what I'm doing."