File 5381- Subject Name: River

(EDIT 9/22/18: I changed River's middle name because I didn't really like it and thought of something better. Plus, one sentence was worded weirdly so I fixed it!)
Okay, quick note before I do this.

A little while ago, myself and a couple others all ended up with ourselves X Realm character and getting a 'Ship Child'.

I got rather attached to mine, which was a product of myself X Professor Pikalus and they were named River.

I was gonna do a first person narrative from River's perspective, having them talk about how they grew up, but then I got a really weird idea that I kinda liked better.

So instead, I made a "File" on River, having a narrative still technically of first person, but of some kinda creepy person watching from the sidelines?

Let's see how this goes...

^^^A little doodle of River I did earlier!

???'s POV
This is {NAME REDACTED}, on {DATE REDACTED} signing on for a new file, number 5381. Like the many before me, I have set my sights on a new person of interest.

This new subject's name is River Norton Pikalus. Parents: Atlantis and Professor Niall I. Pikalus. They're parents alone have put eyes on them, but I have found more reason to dedicate a file to the subject, and ponder the idea of pursing my time into further study.

River is currently fifteen years of life, and while technically being born female, River now identifies as 'Non-Binary' and doesn't take after either gender.

They're hair resembles a cloud, but still appears to be hair. However, it always seems to be dripping at the edges, making the resemblance even more uncanny. They wear winter clothes, even in summer.

{Note: Though River hasn't been seen without a big coat in a long while, the possibility of muscles seems to be high given their build}

River's powers resemble their mother's greatly, though have the potential to be stronger. They can manipulate water, including clouds as well, and if they can get angry, freeze it as well. River seems has no way to unfreeze it once it is frozen, though maybe that is something they have yet to unlock.

{Note: Putting River in an extremely dry environment could have effects not only on powers, but perhaps their physical health as well. Experimentation is needed before this is confirmed}

River's personality was largely shaped by their childhood.

When they were young, Dear Old Dad wasn't around much. Pikalus was always on the move for work, so large moments of time would pass without River being able to say a word to their father.

Pikalus also wanted his spawn to go into some sort of science. Chemistry, biology and engineering all struck out with River, they took little interest in them. However, Astronomy finally struck a cord and they strided to learn more about the stars and planets in the sky. This seemed to satisfy Pikalus, even if its not what he originally wanted.

Pleasing their father at all costs was high on the list while River was young, though now that Pikalus' visits have dramatically decreased, River has grown out of this.

{Note: Possible resentment against father?}

River's Mother, Atlantis, has a much closer relationship. She has been there for most- almost all- of their childhood. Her documents of them are put into 'Scrapbooks' and are far bigger and more extensive than mine. If I could just get my hand on one... Moving on, Atlantis was very supportive of her child, if not very clingy.

Atlantis had River pursue their magic at the young age of five. They both quickly learned that though River has an extraordinary amount of power, it reacts to their emotions.

River would take control of water but then accidentally make it fly everywhere or freeze bits of it. River made a water pipe burst on accident when they got too excited. Perhaps this is why River is more calm, because they need to be or they could cause serious harm.

An interesting case of River is when their mother needed to leave for a day. They were eight at the time and quite responsible. River assured their mother that they could take care of themselves just fine.

River could, they did well in the daytime and making meal. But when Night descended upon the land, River was scared. Maybe it was the dark, or the groaning mobs outside, but I believe that River's true fear was none other than loneliness. Alone in the dark, nobody coming for them.

{Note: Another possible weakness. Investigate more fears}

River is quite talented, but seems to lack in some emotions. Not only have they trained themselves to hold emotions down, but also they have no idea how to deal with them. Especially, as it is to be noted, Love. Love is foreign to River.

{Note: Possibly a weak point.}

Now, having gathered all this data on the Subject, River has shown to be of interest, not only because of their parents or even powers, but because I have seen them in action. They care more for their friends and even other people in general, rather than their own safety, and perhaps their life.

Maybe some part of me wants to research this for professional reasons. Maybe some part of me has been conducting this research for so long that I have grown somewhat fond.

Or maybe some sick and twisted part of me just wants to see River break. Physically and/or mentally.

Only time will tell.

Pray, River, that I get another interest soon

This is {NAME REDACTED}, signing off.

*********************
I have no idea where I'm going with this but it just happened.

Lots of information on River, plus a drawing!

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this! Be sure to comment what you think, and goodbye!

—JustAnAtlantisWriter