Disappointment- Highschool!AU Cards

Okay, so two of my OC's, Diamond and Clubs, I heavily ship together and I came up with an idea for a short based on a High School setting!

Warning: The following has mentions/implications of Homophobia

Third Person
Diamond knew three things for certain.

One, he was one of the smartest kids in his school. Two, that he would never meet another kid with the same name. And three, he was definitely not gay.

"The war of 1812, which was lead by James Madison at the time." He answered confidently.

The teacher, who insisted being called by his first name, Rasmus, grinned. "Correct as always, Diamond." He complimented, flipping through the slides on his PowerPoint to bring it up.

Diamond sat back in his seat, jotting down a few notes he noticed on the slide before glancing about. He was used to being the kid to answer the questions when nobody else was willing to, that was just his job.

Most people viewed him as the 'Smart and Nerdy' kid, and they weren't wrong for doing so. For Pete's sake, he was wearing a suit to school, he wasn't exactly casual. And while Diamond didn't mind standing out, he knew he was just a regular smart kid. Other than his suit, he didn't have many quirks to him.

"Now the war of 1812, while America did lose, it also sparked something important." Rasmus continued, his eyes searching around the room before picking someone at random. "Clubs, can you tell me who wrote the national anthem?"

Clubs suddenly sat up in his seat, as if he were nodding off just then. Diamond wouldn't have been surprised if he was, not only was Clubs that kid who could fall asleep at any period of the day without much a care, but Rasmus was the teacher to call on you if you weren't listening.

Clubs paused for a while before cracking a grin and shrugging. "I dunno but it was probably some white dude."

Laughter escaped from the other classmates, and while Diamond refrained from it, he couldn't help but smile at it.

Rasmus chuckled to himself. "I can't deny that." He admitted, then looked around again. "Does anyone remember his name?"

Diamond waited to see if anyone would answer before raising his hand. Rasmus nodded towards him. "Francis Scott Key." He replied.

"Spot on." Rasmus said, then kept going.

Seeing as he already knew most of the things he was talking about, Diamond let himself think about other things. One of which, was the kid in the back of the class, who was starting to nod off once again.

Clubs, who was a mix of a class clown and jock, was the name of him. Unlike Diamond, he only ever wore casual clothing. Jackets and jeans, that's all he ever saw him wear. Though Diamond didn't know much about him, he found Clubs to be frustrating in so many ways.

For instance, though his jokes were funny, Clubs hardly ever took school seriously. In fact, he seemed to fall asleep in nearly every class, and did terrible on tests. He did turn in his homework but it was often scribbled down like he did it five minutes before. His flirting was endless too, not just with girls, but Diamond saw him checking him out.

And just because Diamond's heart rate increased when he clicked his tongue at him that one time didn't mean anything, that was just surprise. That's why he couldn't speak properly, he's not gay, he was just surprised.

During his spacing out, he found himself turning towards Clubs. For a moment, he stared, then they locked eyes. Clubs sent a smirk and a wink his way, and just for a moment, it happened again. Heart rate increased, palms sweaty, his face turned the slightest bit pink, then he remembered he sat next to a girl.