Off To The Races [12]

Magsimula sa umpisa

            “Now, come on, tell me why you came today?”

            “I think I might be pregnant.”

            “What?!” I jumped off my bed. “Have you taken a pregnancy test?”

            “I haven’t taken a pregnancy test. I’m really late and I just kept trying to think that I couldn’t be pregnant, I mean Johnny and I have only had sex without a condom like a couple of times and he’s always pulled out.” Olivia started crying, and put her head into her hands. “I don’t know what to do. I can’t be pregnant. I’m only 16.”

I didn’t say anything at first, I just sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her and let her cry. “It’s going to be alright,” I kept repeating. When Olivia stopped crying I said, “You need to take a pregnancy test. We could go get one now?”

            She shook her head. “I can’t. I’m going out with Johnny now.”

            “Alright but we have to soon.”

            Olivia nodded. “I can’t be pregnant. I can’t. I can’t. I can’t be fucking pregnant!”

            “Calm down! You don’t know if you’re pregnant yet, you might not be.”

            “What if I am? What am I going to tell Johnny? He doesn’t want a fucking kid. I don’t want a kid.”

            “Relax!” I shouted. “Stop fucking thinking about it, Olivia! Just calm down, have a good day with Johnny and then sometime this week we can go buy some pregnancy tests and we’ll see. Okay?”

            Olivia nodded. “Okay.” She walked to my mirror and fixed up her smudged make-up. “I’m going to go now. I’ll talk to you tonight.” Olivia left my room and I sighed, heavily. I hoped she wasn’t pregnant, I knew that right now she wouldn’t be able to cope with a kid.

            I went on Tumblr for a little while until my phone rang. It was Jason, wanting to Facetime me and automatically a smile spread onto my face. “Jason,” I answered.

            “Nea,” He replied.

            “Hi.”

            “Hi.” Jason looked at me for a little while. “Your face looks a lot better. Just make sure you keep icing it.”

            “I am, I am.” I groaned. “I just really want to go dancing and I can’t with these bruises on my face.” Concealer wouldn’t hide them properly enough, especially since make-up didn’t last for long when I was dancing and sweating.

            “All in good time.” Jason paused. “I actually want to talk to you about something…” Okay, I knew exactly what he was going to say. He was going to tell me he didn’t want to meet up anymore and that he could never be with someone like me and I had to prepare myself for that. Jason rolled his eyes and I cocked my head, confused. “Stop over-thinking everything!”