I Almost Do [11]

I Met Him On Tumblr  

✥ Chapter 11: I Almost Do ✥

>> ““I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can’t say “Hello” to you and risk another goodbye. And I just wanna tell you it takes everything in me not to call you, and I wish I could run to you and I hope you know that every time I don’t, I almost do.” – Almost Do by Taylor Swift

 ◂◂◂

I woke up that morning with a huge headache and I sat in my bed for what seemed like forever, staring at a wall and trying to understand what happened the night before. One minute my life was going perfect and the next it had all came tumbling down.

            My phone rang and I looked to see a bunch of texts and calls from Carson but I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him and to be honest, I don’t think I’d ever be in the mood to talk to him again. I had to break up with him; I knew it. I refused to be in an abusive relationship. I just wasn’t sure how he would take it if I tried to break up with him. The thought of him hurting me again sent chills down my spine.

            Not wanting to talk to him, I sent him a quick text. ‘Carson, I can’t be with you. Please stop texting and calling me. Bye.’ I then got my Mum to take me to the dance studio so I could get my mind off of Carson.

            Holly was in there as well, with Elliot and they were practicing some dance routine. I kept my jacket on because I didn’t want them to see the hand print that was on my arm where Carson had held me. “10 days and it’s the competition!” Elliot said as soon as she saw me. “You excited?”

            “I’m nervous. I have to keep practicing and practicing.”

            “I’m going to come and watch you later, okay?” Holly said and I nodded.

            I walked into an empty studio and plugging my iPod into the speaker. I started dancing and eventually got really hot so I took my jacket off, assuming nobody would come in for a while. I kept practicing my routine and I liked the burning feeling in my body, it got my mind off Carson. The door abruptly opened and Holly and Elliot walked in. I put my arm behind my back, walking towards my jacket. I had no excuse for the mark on my arm, if they saw they would know that it was a handprint.

“Why are you putting your jacket on?” Elliot asked.

            “The routine looks cooler with it on,” I lied. I showed Elliot and Holly my routine and when I finished, I felt like I was going to faint. Breathing heavily, I asked, “What’d you guys think?”

            “That was so good! You’re going to win for sure!” Holly enthusiastically said.

            “Thanks,” I replied. Usually I would continue talking to Holly but at that moment, all I wanted to do was go home and listen to loud music. “I have to go now because my Mum is going to kill me but we have to do something soon!”