Prolouge

Sunrise

"Flora honey, we're going over to greet our new neighbors. Brandon is out with Sky right now."  Alyssa, Flora's mother had said.

"Okay mommy" Flora had said as she made her way down the stairs carrying her favorite teddy bear.

"Ready?"Alyssa asks as Flora nodded her head.

"Let's go" Alyssa said as she held onto the pie she made for the new neighbors. The small family soon made their way to their new neighbors house. Once they got their, Alyssa soon rang the doorbell. A woman with long dark midnight hair soon opened the door.

"Hello, Can I help you?" The woman asks.

"Hi, we just came here to welcome our new neighbors. I'm Alyssa, and this is my daughter Flora" Alyssa said cheerfully.

"Oh Hi, come in, i'm Susan"  Susan says as she opens the door wider for the family to come in. As they walk in, they see a boy who looked to be around Flora's age.

"This is for you and your family to have" Alyssa said as she handed the pie to Susan.

"Why thank you!" Susan says as she placed the pie down on the coffee table.

"This is my son Helia, Helia these are our neighbors, Alyssa and Flora." Susan introduced the friendly faces to her son as Helia shyly waves. Flora waves back as she grins happily to meet Helia.

"Hi!" Flora said all cheerfully.

"Hi" Helia said quietly.

"How old are you?" Flora asked curiously. Helia only tugged onto his mother's shirt.

"Sorry sweetie, He's a bit shy" Susan said. "But to answer your question, he actually just turned 6 earlier this month."

"Really? Flora's actually 4 but about to be 5 in March. My son, Brandon is the same age as Helia." Alyssa said as she then notices the amount of boxes.

"Do you need help with putting everything in place?" Alyssa asks.

"Oh please, my husband is at work right now leaving me with all this stuff" Susan said as she sighed.

"It's no problem, my husband is actually at work too so I can help you out until he comes back home." Alyssa said.

"Thank you so much, now kids, why don't I take you to Helia's room and i'll get you some snacks and juice." Susan says as she takes Flora and Helia to Helia's room.

"I'll be right back" Susan says as she left the room. It was an awkward silence until Flora spoke up as she noticed Helia drawing something.

"Do you like to draw?" She asked as Helia nodded.

"Yes"

"What are you drawing?" She asked.

"A bear in nature"

"Really? I love nature!" Flora exclaimed as Helia laughed quietly.

"Me too"

After talking while waiting for Susan to bring the snacks to the kids, Helia began to feel mote comfortable around Flora. The dead silence quickly became loud laughter. This was the start of a new friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5 years later

"Hey Flora!" Helia called out as he made his way to his best friend who was sitting alone at a table during lunch with her head down.

"Why aren't you sitting with Stella, Aisha, Brandon, and I?" Helia asked but got no response as Flora's head was still down. Stella, Aisha, Brandon, and Helia were all best friends and had their own little group.

"Flora? What's wrong? Did Lizzie do something mean to you? Are you sick?" Helia asked. Flora soon looked up with a tear struck face.

"Flora! Why are you crying?" Helia asked.

"Helia, I need to tell you something." Flora said as more tears fell down her face.

"What?"

"I'm moving to California." She said as tears fell rapidly down her face.

"What! When?"

"In a week" Flora replied. She was now a sobbing mess.

"It's going to be okay." Helia said as he engulfed his best friend into a hug.