Happily Ever After

Rose's POV

It was a whirlwind year. I met him, I kidnapped him, I fell in love with him and now I'm marrying him.

I wanted to marry him between two years. So that I can get married in this year and become officially his and begin a new life with the next. You can say it's a midnight wedding.

He let me decide everything. More like, he was scared to go against me. Heh. It was a royal wedding after all. Lots of people and that means lots of food.

We had delicious bruschetta as an entree. Slowly making it's way to the main course, we had a huge variety to eat from. We even had kids' special. For kids, we had delicious pizzas and mini burgers. That menu is my personal favourite. We moved on to the adult menu with Italian delicacy. We had spaghetti with meatballs and seared parmesan risotto cakes.

Our wedding cake was a three-tiered cake. It was chocolate cake, obviously with chocolate ganache filling in it. We, well, I had chosen naked cake. We also asked for the bakers to decorate it with vanilla cupcakes than sugar flowers. For dessert, we had a Creme Brule. Everything was simply beautiful, minimal and a colour combination of white and gold.

Here I was, sitting in front of the vanity, getting my makeup done. They had twisted my short hair into small flowers and added a golden flowery tiara to it. My gown was a white princess gown and my shoes were golden too. Yes, you heard it, shoes. I don't really know how to walk in heels so I decided to go a little rebel with my royal wedding.

My bridesmaids wore a light golden flowy dress. We matched the flowers of decoration and their bouquets. They were smoothing their dresses while I was just sitting in the makeshift throne in my room.

Soon, it was time for me to walk down the aisle. Let's just say, there was a little twist in the wedding. I walked down and stood at the altar. Then, it was announced the entry of the groom. All turned towards the door. My breath hitched when I saw him walk down towards me. That golden crown suited him perfectly. He was all dressed in a white and golden suit. He looked like an angel. Trust me.

He had a sword hanging off his waist and a golden cape hung on his back. His stubble made him look even sexier than usual. Damn these hormones. I didn't realize that I was smiling like a fool. But I'll be a fool. Only for him.

He stood beside me and held my hand. I squeezed it and smiled at him. It was like we were mentally agreeing on everything before it even started. The pastor started the ceremony and our attention was all on him.

||||||||||||||||

We kissed exactly at 12:00 am. We were pronounced as man and wife, king and queen exactly at 12:00 am. I was happy. A new year with my new lifeline. I stopped being a thug but it'll still take me some time to get used to it.

Soon after our first dance, we gathered everyone in the courtyard. It was coronation time. Nick took my hand and walked me to the throne. When we sat down, the royal advisor and the minister walked to the throne. They pronounced me as their new Queen.

Nick stood up from his throne and took the tiara from them. He walked up to me and smiled warmly. I lowered my head and he carefully put it on my head. I raised my head and looked proudly around. Everyone was awestruck and there were cheers of happiness. Even the other kingdoms could hear the celebratory cheers in my name.

Suddenly everybody bowed down to me. When I looked around, I found Nick bowing to me too. I was baffled with his gesture.

"Please, Your Highness. Do not now to me."

He stood up and cupped my face.

"I should bow to my queen. You are the strong woman we need in this kingdom to show every common woman to hold their head high. You are not just another queen, you are a warrior queen which everyone should now down to."

I hugged him. It wasn't very royal gesture but he's my man and I can do whatever the hell I want to do with him. As I pulled away, he cupped my face and pulled me in for a long sweet kiss. I couldn't help but smile between the kiss. As I pulled away, we walked down the throne area and walked over to the mic. I took the mic in my hand and decided to say a few words.

"Hello everybody. I am Rosette Shay-Brown. Your queen. I just want all of you to know that the kingdom is open to all. I, we, will always be there to help out the people who reach out to us. Especially women. Women are strong and tough creature even when they look weak. I have heard and seen that many women in this kingdom and held back from achieving big. I pass my first order for them. I decree that all women will be given education and self-defence classes. If men want to reach the moon, women will reach the scorching sun and come back powerful than ever. Thank you."

Everyone clapped and cheered. Nick looked at me proudly. I saw my women, the women from my organisation smiling with tears in their eyes. I raised my hand and grabbed the mic again for my last lines in the speech.

"I raise a toast, to all the girls, women and every other gender around here. Here's to the new year, new life and new beginnings. Here's to all the strong people who think they're weak. Here's to the beginning of a new era. Here's to all the happily ever afters."

------------------------