I Realized

Rose's POV

I couldn't concentrate. I just couldn't. How was he so sneaky? Why did I kiss him back? Fuck fuck fuck!!!

I run my hand in my hair as I lay down back on the bed. I went to the gym in the basement and started kickboxing to get all the frustration out. I don't know what I was so frustrated about. Was it a sexual frustration or was it work pressure? I don't know but kicking surely helped.

Getting tired would definitely help me sleep and that was my main goal. After I took a cold shower to calm my body, I got out in nothing but a towel. I mean, it's my room and no one enters without knocking. But who knew that the king had no manners.

When I walked out, I saw him gawking at me and his eyes looking up and down my body. I snorted and walked by him trying to calm myself. Whenever he's around, I get these weird, unfamiliar feelings. He stood up and that made me look up. He raised his hand and started dry few wet tips of my hair with his fingers.

Slowly he cupped my face and I just stood still. My head was telling me it's wrong but something else was telling me to let go, to let this happen. He pecked my lips and rested his forehead against mine.

"I don't like you..." This stopped my heart and an ache formed there. But I let him continue.

"I love you."

My heart stopped. Momentarily. Slowly it's beating increased and my breath hitched. My lips parted to get more air to breathe and my eyes widened.

"I know it hasn't been long since I'm here but there are things I couldn't help from happening. One of them is falling in love with you. Now, whether you like it or not, I am going to pursue you so hard, that you will give in to my love and accept me."

I pecked my lips again and left the room. One thing I did notice was he wasn't wearing any chains. No heavy ball, no binding chain, nothing. I jumped on the bed and screamed in my pillow. How the fuck was he roaming around the house freely?

||||||||||||||||||||

I woke up in the middle of the night to check up on my prisoner. I saw him sleeping and I saw chains broken. I picked them up and analysed their breakage.

Suddenly, I was pulled in bed and held tight. Where the fuck did he get this strength from? I squealed but was silenced by his lips over mine. I pushed him away with all my strength and tried standing up. Keyword being tried. I pulled back again but he snuggled up to me.

"I told you I won't let you go. I'll make you feel things you're should be feeling." He whispered and sent chills down my spine.

After a while, his hands went limp and I jumped out of the room. I ran back in my room and screamed in the pillow again and again and again till I was calm and tired. I closed my eyes and slipped into a dreamy world of Nick and Rose.

|||||||||||||||||

He has been coming up with new sneaky ideas of kissing me for past one month. Every time, my stomach would flutter. I have hooked up before but never felt like this. I started noticing him much more than just an annoying asshole.

Even my friends liked to hang out with him. The point here is, he had a chance to run away, to go back to royalty and yet, he's still here. We have stopped chaining him. I have become shyer than ever. I blush a lot.

Right now, I am sitting in my office and finishing off the last paperwork. I heard a knock and saw Michelle come in. I put my pen down and waited for her to say something. She fiddled for a while and then smiled.

"I know what is going on between you and Nick. I like how he is making a whole new person out of you. A soft one. But you don't know how you feel for him."

The blush grew on me as I straightened myself in the seat.

"He's a king. I am a gangster. There is no way we can be together. And I don't feel anything towards him. It's just these weird tingly feeling I get when he's around."

"Those weird tingly feelings are love. Your first love. That's what gives you these feels. And talking about your difference, there's nothing wrong in it."

"How come nothing is wrong with it? How are you so sure about my feelings? How can you say that I love him?"

She smiled and walked me to the sofa. She held my hands reassuringly to give me faith.

"You know how JJ and I struggled to come to know our feelings, right? It's the same. It's just how this goes. If he makes you feel tingly and happy, he's the one. Whether he's a king or a guard. If he makes you feel the way you've never felt before, then it's love."

She patted my head and left me to think. I started to remember how our first kiss made me feel. How addictive things turned. How his influence on me made feel stronger. By the evening, I knew what to do.

I ran around the house trying to get something sweet for him. I went to my room to dress in cotton shorts and a t-shirt. Coming up to his door, I took a deep breath and opened it.

He was watching TV. When he saw me, he turned off the TV and gave me his full attention. I walked up to him and went down on my knees. I brought out the cupcakes I got for him and opened them in front of him.

"I love you. Be mine?"

--------------------------------