6

Knock knock knock

"Just come inside, Cora."

"Wow, you knew."

"Who else would come and visit me other than my best friend?" He shrugs.

"What about your parents?" She asks while about to sit on the chair as usual.

"For short, I'm alone. I only have roo-roo. That's all" He briefly answers.

"How did you and Rose meet?"

"Well.."

Flashback

"I am Rose Cabello. Nice to meet you," The teacher told her to sit beside the cool-nerdy guy in the front.

When she was about to sit, He helped her by holding her bag because from the looks of it, it looks heavy.

"Thank you.." She half-whispered.

"No problem," He replied with a friendly smile.

Every time they have a class, she always wears glasses that are very big like Harry Potter's. It looked cute.

The next day, she sat beside him and started writing something on her notebook.

"What are you doing?" He asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Notes," Rose bluntly replied, not taking her eyes off her notebook.

"You sure study hard huh?"

"So that I can get out of here..." She mumbled.

"What?" The boy frowned.

"Nothing," She quickly placed her notebook on her bag and left.

The words she said kept lingering on his head.

So that I can get out of here..

As the confused boy walked through the hallway, he heard people talking about 'the new girl' again.

"Geez, what's wrong with her? I was trying to be nice and she was just being so cold."

"If she always says that she hates this place, then why can't she leave right now? She is so annoying, seriously."

"I know right."

"She should just kill herself."

"She's been wishing for that every DAY."

As he walked further, the gossips got more serious than it was. It made him feel a bit scared.

"I heard that she has been raped by her stepfather. He's a teacher which is why she transferred here."

"I've heard that too! And also, she kept writing and doodling in her locker that says 'let me out', 'Die die DIE', 'Please kill me.' "

"Oh, Noel just saw her writing again just a while ago."

"Really? What did she write now?"

" 'Can I end my life?' " The girls chuckled and kept chattering.

As soon as he heard that, he hurriedly ran to the rooftop-because rooftops are always the best way to kill yourself- to find her but a door was blocking the way. It was locked.

From that, he already knew why.

"Aahhhhhh!" A feminine scream was the only thing he heard. He thought it was hers.

The boy kept pushing and pushing but the door still didn't budge.

"Hey! Are you alright? Are you okay? Please don't kill yourself!"

After one more push, the door finally opened.

It revealed her standing at the edge of the roof, spreading her arms wide. The panicked man ran and pulled her away from the edge. He hugged her tightly.

She can't do this.

"Let me go!"

"No!"

"You don't care!"

"Yes, I am!"

She still didn't stop resisting and swaying harshly which made the male lost her.

She ran to the edge but luckily he got a hold of her once again.

"Listen to me!" He shouted.

Everything went quiet, nothing but their breaths can be heard.

"You can't do this. I know you've been having a very hard time but.. This is not right.."

"I don't care. I wanna leave in this hell so stop being like a hero!"

"I'm not-"  "THEN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?"
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Because I've been living the same way as you do.."

"My mom and dad got on divorce because my father cheated on her.. My mother doesn't want me anymore so my father took care of me. My stepmother raped me then my father found out. She was a maniac because of drugs which made her kill my dad.

I went to another school with my own money, I have no one to be with, I'm.. alone. A bully told my teacher that I did something horrible which is not true, but everybody never believed me. So I don't have anybody to rely on with. I left and went to another school. I ran out of money and kept working a lot of jobs. But after all that, I met you.. And.. I just wanna say..

You still have lots of chances, lots of ways, lots of paths, to live like a normal person again.."

"I've been cutting my skin every day until I came to this place. The people here kept telling me some pieces of advice and kept cheering on me.

There are still people in this world. Yes, there are still many bad pips around us but that doesn't mean that humans are now gone.

It's just hard to find them.

They say life is precious, but nobody cares about mine..

Or yours..

Not until you ignore it and find a solution to improve and develop your self."

She stopped resisting and suddenly went in for a hug.

The boy was shocked, but he sincerely hugged her back.

After her cries that took minutes,
"Thank you.. Ethan.." Rose looked up and smiled.

Ethan genuinely smiled back, caressing her head.

End of flashback