The Truth

We are all ready to do what has to be done but none of us have any idea of how all that will work. 

I thought Pete would go around blessing people or something similar to human religions, but I remembered that magicals probably didn't do anything like that. 

Although it seemed to me as if Peace was the leader of all magicals they were actually all equal. There were no leaders or followers, there were just magical beings fighting for the better tomorrow. 

He presided over the meetings mostly because of his soothing presence and the feeling everyone got that you couldn't be rude to a unicorn. 

His big brown eyes and his magical mane could make us all feel calm and relaxed. It made the meetings more peaceful than the ones held with humans would have been.

The situation seemed to have calmed down in the last few years, so I have been wondering what else needed to be done.

"There is something I haven't told you." Peace interrupts my musings. 

"The reason I called you here tonight wasn't just to tell you about Pete being Artim, but also to tell you some bad news. 

The angry humans who have been living in Solactia weren't recovering as we expected. For years, we just hoped they needed more time, but we were wrong. 

It turns out they have been plotting the downfall of Solactia in hopes that it would help them go back to how the things were before the two worlds united. 

They were addicted to the technology too much, we now believe that the darkness managed to pass through their tablets and computers and find residence in the depths of their minds. 

At first, it was dormant, so we were unable to detect it. We thought it was just the residual energy, but now it has become obvious that we accidentally let the darkness in Solactia and if we don't stop it now everything we worked for will be destroyed."

"What can we do? Are you sure that it isn't about our human nature? 

Maybe it has nothing to do with the darkness, but the human's need for pain and destruction." I said angrily. 

"No, no dear May. The human nature was ones as pure as the nature of magicals but it was corrupted by the darkness. 

What you now see as the human need is actually the need imposed on them by the darkness. 

If we manage to stop these angry humans, we will be able to go back to building a better tomorrow, but if we don't stop them I am not sure that there will be a tomorrow to look forward to." 

That sounds so ominous and scary to me that a shiver runs down my spine. 

All these years, all these struggles, just to be destroyed by some angry humans afraid of change. 

I am angry at myself for being unable to predict that something like that might occur. 

Didn't I say that it is in human nature to act out when scared? 

To use violence as a cover for their fears and insecurities.

"What about Pete? What does he have to do with all of that?" Sam inquired. 

"I just want you to know that my child will not participate in any battles, Artim or no Artim!"She firmly stated. 

"Of course he will not physically participate in any of the battles. " Peace responded.

"I am actually hoping there will be no battles. 

In case it comes to battle, of course, I will not ask a child to fight, even if it has the soul of the great magician Artim. 

However, he could help us in other ways. 

He and I together, possess greater magic than has ever been seen before. 

We might be able to help you increase your magic levels, but also teach you how to use your magic. 

You have all by now learned how to use magic, but you haven't focused on that, you haven't trained. 

That is what Pete will teach us, how to purify our souls enough to use undiluted magic with ease. 

I hope that there will not be any need for the battle, but I will feel much better if we are all prepared for it. 

Some of you might find the training tiresome, but I assure you it is necessary for us to be prepared for whatever the Fates might bring us. 

As I am not as young as I used to be, I don't fully remember the true joy and happiness of being one with magic and that is what Pete can teach us." 

I didn't expect that we would have to train or battle anyone, and I am not sure if I can do it, but still, I say to myself: "Let the games begin!"