chapter 17

Start from the beginning

"Not with this cost. You heard the council, this discovery is more in line with the Sith. Nothing is worth sacrificing a life for another."

"Mace... She wants this. She dying and willing to try. Why can't the council see reason, we need to do something!"

"Jedi Master Tahl knew the risks and she's suffering the consequences of not listening to the High Council. Take this time to enjoy her time here before thinking of schemes hidden underneath justice."

With that Mace leaves the grand room with fiery passion. Qui-Gon looking on as his 'friend' leaves him alone. This vision is not a happy one, for the feelings of despair shine through his exterior. He's vulnerable and grieving. Tahl must be someone important to him and he is taking her state hard. But what is all this nonsense of sacrifice? Does this man have relations to the Sith? So confusing.

I bang my head on the side of the chair to the point where the comfy exterior turned into wood. Ow. I rub my temple as I look back at the wooden tree wall I'm familiar with. Groaning, I look to see the shimmering of light shining through the tree's entrance. The suns are up, its time. I stand up and blow out the flame in my lantern heading out. Journeying to the ship, I place my bags down and sit atop it to watch my last viewing of the rising suns. It's beautiful across the gleaming ocean.

"The end to a new beginning..."

I look down to see Luke watching the same sky as I, taking in the multicolored hues. He's dressed in his white robes, the ones he trained me in.

"A new hope if you will... I knew you'd be here early in the morning."

"Of course, I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

I slide off the ship and walk towards Luke. He brings out a small package from inside his cloak, it's wrapped in cloth and twine.

"The caretakers made you a little going away present."

I grab the package carefully as if it was the most precious thing in the world. Which to me it was. Unwrapping it to lay my eyes on green and tan cloth. It can't be...

"You can't be wearing thousand year old jedi robes now can you. So I had them fix you up something more official as you become a Jedi."

I hold the beautifully crafted robes as I give Luke the biggest hug ever. It even has its own flowy cloak. I shed a tear as I take mine apart to apply my new gifted ones.

 I shed a tear as I take mine apart to apply my new gifted ones

"Thank you so much."

I say while holding back happy tears, yet they fall anyway.

"Wow, who knew the Jedi were such crybabies."

"Stop....."