chapter 11

I feel odd about my time with Ben yesterday

I feel odd about my time with Ben yesterday... He made me feel as if it was wrong to hide things from him... And even though I know it was the right thing to do, I still feel guilty. And I guess my face says it all.

"Kid, pay attention! One wrong move and I can send you falling off your feet!"

"Sorry Master..."

I reposition myself in the proper stance and face Luke, ready for any blow. Yet I still feel uneasy, my mind won't give up on it...

"Jude something's troubling you, I can feel it through the force. I trust you enough to know if you won't tell me then its not serious, but it's effecting your training."

"I'm sorry again Master Skywalker.. I just feel like... like I let someone down..."

Luke looks at me as if I was an odd anomaly, and gives out a huff.

"Well I can assure you Jude, that you haven't let me down... Yet..."

"Reassuring but I didn't mean from you..."

I glance away from Luke and look upon a pair or porgs oggling my strewn about bag. One bitting at the buckles and the other trying to get inside, failing.

"Then you mean Ben... I was wondering what he has been telling you, but since you're faith never faltered I began to think you haven't talked to him."

"It's not what he's been telling me rather what I couldn't tell him... When I didn't tell he looked pained, I felt like I did something wrong... I know protecting the location of the island is right, yet seeing him sad made it feel so wrong..."

I walked towards my bag and sat beside the two porgs. Once they saw me they retracted from the bag immediately, choosing to rest upon my legs.

"I know it's hard for no one to know where you are... Trust me, every time I see Leia's face I just want to rush back home and apologize for ever leaving... Yet there are somethings that must stay hidden; me, this island and now you... And I want you to remember to be weary of Ben, just as you are hidding this island he can also hide his true intensions..."

"Master why are you so cautious of him? Ben hasn't shown me any hostility, yet every time I mention him you shower him in a dark light..."

I hold onto one of the porgs almost cradling it, while the other is on my shoulder ruffling through my hair. Luke looks away clearly distraught by my observation.

"Has he mentioned me at all...?"

"No... I never mentioned you so he doesn't know... But you must know him then, at least met him."

"I won't tell you when I last seen him, not yet... But yes I knew him since he was a young boy..."

"Really? How?"