chapter 4

The whole afternoon Luke had been teaching me about the island, and about every creature living on it

The whole afternoon Luke had been teaching me about the island, and about every creature living on it. The caretakers and Alcida are a species called Lanai, and those flower eatting birds are called porgs. They look like porgs it just sounds chubby and stout, what a perfect name. But other than flowers they like to eat Ahch-Tonian grub, which I find gross. They look like blue worms, but they seem to enjoy it.

He also told me of the many fish that swim in the waters of the island. I couldn't remember all the names but I think the one I ate was called a fingerlip garpon? It was one of the less odd names, so I think it's that. He even showed me how to fish, which I think is crazy, and he will not catch me doing that anytime soon. But lastly, there was one more creature left to show me.

"So what is it called?"

"Thala-siren, and I will show you how it is the most important creature on this island."

"The most important? More important than the Lanai caretakers?"

"To me... Yes."

And off we go to the opposite side of the island down towards the crashing waves. I wonder what the creature does if it's more important than the Lanai. Alcida and the rest work really hard to keep everything clean and us fed. But we trudge along anyhow, and finally made it to the Thala-siren. Which I can say is not what I expected.

"This is the Thala-siren? The most important creature on the island?"

I said almost jokingly, you gotta be kidding me.

"Yup!"

Luke then brings out a cup towards the resting creature, and he does the one thing I wish he hadn't. For I will never be able to unsee it.

"No no no no no....! What are you doing!?"

I look away he can't be serious, he's not going to drink that is he?!

"Oh you know exactly what I'm doing, Jude. Now stop being like a whiny baby and come try this."

I look toward him again and he did it. He starts drinking it...

 He starts drinking it