chapter 5

I woke up the next morning tired, so so tired

I woke up the next morning tired, so so tired. At least mentally, for my body had no trouble getting up. I made my way out of the hut and received my breakfast, heading away from the village to sit on a lone rock. I start picking at my breakfast, it's a arranged differently then last time. Has more spices, and smells amazing the porgs seem to think so too. And not a second later they give me the look, pleading with their eyes for me to give them a taste. Mockingly I move my body away taunting them, eatting loudly emphasizing every bite. They don't take it lightly and they all start patting my legs, some even jumping into my lap.

"Okay, okay fine! I was just joking!"

They seemed to settle down and I start handing out little pieces of my breakfast to them all. Content they sit down and it looks like we are having a little picnic.

"You shouldn't let them push you around you know."

I turn my head and see Luke carrying some fish on his back.

"I won't."

I say smiling up at him, he seems to be in a good mood.

"So Mr. Skywalker, what will I be learning today?"

"I think you've learned enough about what lives on the island, now I want to teach you the purpose of it."

"How does that relate to the Jedi, if you don't mind me asking?"

"We'll Jude, you'll know full well once the lesson starts, but for now I must take these fish off to the caretakers."

As he starts to walk off, I feel a shift on my plate.

"Hey! That's not nice!"

One of the smaller porgs, just stole the rest of my food! He looked ashamed of his actions as he gulped the rest down. I stared him down and made my way back to the village, since I was 'finished' with my breakfast apparently.

I helped wash plates and utensils with one of the caretakers. Her name is Terna-Gentu as she most happily introduced herself. I'm glad they are now willing to converse with me even though I know so little. So for now names and gestures are all I know. After being done with that I make my way back to the middle of the huts to see Luke, sitting at the fire pit.

"So are we ready to get started?"

He looks surprised to see me for a second then collects himself.

"Of course, let's get a move on then."

He gets up and starts making his way out of the village.

"Were are we going, I thought we already saw the whole island?"

"Not everything... Well are you coming?"

Hurrily I jog to walk beside him.

·~·~·~·

We've been walking uphill for about an hour now. I'm a little winded but my adrenaline and excitement for the lesson keep me afloat. We finally make it to the entrance of a cave, I guess this island has a lot of secrets.