Chapter 22 - Boulder Flesh

A long time ago, Wolfeye had learned that there was no strength in numbers when it came to decisive battles. His people were the living proof of this, always succeeding when the odds were against them. Orcs were used to fight several opponents at once, achieving victory even when outnumbered three to one. Dunris had always lived up to this heritage, and he wasn't willing to forget his legacy.

Fortunately for him, there were many human cultures that believed the same, and Irondawn was part of one of those. The people of Stromgarde had shown over and over again their might and their honor, for their arathorian lineage was still strong in their veins. More so, Wolfeye had witnessed the Alliance overcome the most difficult situations with few members more than once.

Now, the Azeroth Embassy, the faction they had struggled to establish, would have to show the same prowess. Their goal was peace, but now they had to fight for their world, like many times before. They were aware that the Loyalists were a problem, but they all agreed the Titanguard was more vicious and dangerous. Besides, they already knew where to find them.

The first Embassy was being built, and Wolfeye was determined to fulfill what he had seen. Not because he felt his vision was meant to come to pass, but because there were innocents being tortured and enslaved. With or without his vision, orcs, draenei, undead and worgens were victims of the Titanguard. They had to intervene, and they had to do it soon, before it was too late. Otherwise, Degharok and the Whiteclaw Monks would have sacrificed themselves for nothing.

Only a small group was selected to march on the Burning Steppes. They could've assaulted their enemies at full strength, but it wouldn't have been the best idea. They were caught by surprise before, so this time they would have to try a different angle. It was a strategy that had payed off during the assault on Icecrown Citadel, the whole purpose of the Argent Coliseum. Tirion Fordring had made the right choice, and they were eager to follow his example.

Most of the Ambassadors had remained behind at the construction site, at the mountains were they had found Dhondril. The Badlands southeastern hills were uninhabited, but the dwarven architect had been right when he mentioned that the ground was strong and firm, suitable for a building site. Wolfeye, Shagrah, Bordok and Eganje had fulfilled Dhondril's dream, communing with the elementals of Deepholm. After a long negotiation, they managed to get their permission to gather stones from the realm of Earth.

It was a good thing that Dunris had several allies among the earth elementals, many of which were also willing to help build the architect's wonder. In fact, they even instructed the other little mortals on how to properly use the building materials. The stones of Deepholm couldn't be handled in the same way as common stones. Dhondril and his helpers were fascinated, and with good reason.

Wolfeye had to admit he did enjoy this task. Never before he had been asked to use his shamanic powers to provide with building materials. He had shaped and used the earth in his favor many times, but it had never occurred to him to summon elemental stones to build something.

What was even better, the presence of the Earth Spirits had called the attention of several other Shamans, including many members of the Earthen Ring. The orc recognized several of his colleagues, and he seized the opportunity to finally get an official document to support the Embassy Project. Dhondril was thrilled when many more Shamans joined to offer a helping hand, both interested in the Embassy and the building method.

After that, some Steamwheedle Cartel envoys had visited the building site, and they were much easier to convince now that the Earthen Ring was supporting the Ambassadors. Wildsoul played a very interesting part in the negotiations, claiming he would bring Gazlowee himself to the construction. With two factions endorsing them, Wolfeye felt more resolute and, of course, safer.