Chapter 09 - The Golden Bridge

"After all these years, this place is still burning with boiling lava

"After all these years, this place is still burning with boiling lava... how?", Syla expressed, staring down at the deep fissure. From down there, a hot and smoldering air ascended, raising the temperature around them.

"Yes, it's quite a mystery", Dunris responded, carrying a big lodge on his shoulder. "Many Shamans have tried to ease the fury of the land, but the wounds opened by Deathwing are still hard to heal", and then he kept moving on.

"Do you still have trouble in trusting them?", Argheros asked the woman.

"It's... complicated...", she said with a hesitant voice. "I look them in the eye, and all my doubts fade away... but then I start thinking, and... I don't know, you don't forget about years and years of war from one moment to the other. Plus, there's Theramore on top of that. I think I will never forgive that."

"Well, you didn't try to gut Wolfeye, so I think that's progress already", he observed with a wide smile.

"Yeah, you can say it's progress. At least I don't feel like murdering you for dragging me here anymore", she joked.

"Captain, Jian-do says the food is ready", one of her crewmen called, interrupting the conversation.

"We'll be there. Tell that fat pandaren to save us a juicy ration", she commanded.

"He says he must feed the Taurajo volunteers first, as he was commanded", the sailor reminded her.

Wolfeye and his brothers had told everyone the story of Camp Taurajo, how that small town had welcomed them without asking many questions. Irondawn remembered that Dunris had been distant and silent during the first years of the Cataclysm events, since he resented the Alliance for what had happened at the small tauren village. However, the orc was wise enough to overcome his hatred.

And now, after all the pain they had been through, some of the Taurajo survivors had rushed to volunteer for the Embassy Project, offering themselves as workforce. They weren't Warriors nor Hunters, but they were eager to help.

"I am his bloody captain. Do as I say!"

"Aye aye, cap'n."

Argheros and Syla put down their tools and set out to join the rest of the camp. Irondawn gave one last look at the bridge they were building and gave a long sigh out of satisfaction. After they took Dunris and the Whiteclaw Clan back to Ratchet, their group had awaited for the rest of their allies to arrive. And, to be honest, their arrivals had been way more surprising than what he had expected.

Craos and Drahna had shown up with more volunteers, all of them willing to give a helping hand. There was this young human warrior called Tandren who was incredibly charming and had a bright, friendly smile. From a young age, he had been Silverflame's squire, following her everywhere and assisting her every time it was necessary. Thus, he had grown into an outstanding combatant under her tutelage, and even Drahna had to admit he was quite strong. Even Argheros had taught the young man a thing or two. However, he had not wanted to follow the path of the Paladin, but he was not to be underestimated: he had proven himself to Odyn and was a renowned Valarjar.