Chapter 05 - The Plan

The trip back to Kalimdor had been way longer than the journey to the East

The trip back to Kalimdor had been way longer than the journey to the East. He hadn't cared about it, though, since he had not wanted to travel by zeppelin again. He was used to it, and he did enjoy a good flight once in awhile, but this time he had felt like sailing. The seas and the vast waters would help him soothe his mind. He communed too often with the Wind and the Earth, and sometimes it was wise to listen to the Water; the ocean was just perfect for this.

The warm and gentle breeze of The Barrens welcomed Dunris back home, and he breathed deeply when he felt it on his face as the boat advanced towards the coast. It was good to return.

As a Frostwolf orc, he had always preferred the cold weather over the heat, but he and his brothers had fallen in love with the land that had sheltered them unconditionally. Wolfeye was aware that the Earth spirits of The Barrens were at peace with the orcish people and their presence. Well, with most of them at least; they were still angry for the Kor'kron Dark Shamans and their transgression, during Garrosh's madness. Nevertheless, they would never turn their back on him.

The La Suerte had anchored near the Ratchet's docks at the Merchant Coast, the only portion of The Barrens with access to the sea. Argheros, Razorhowl, the Warrior Augustus and him were helping two of Syla's oarsmen to row towards the coastline. Dunris could tell that the sailors felt uncomfortable with his presence. Instead, he knew he was in the company of three great men; he was among friends.

He smiled comfortably when they reached the shore, for the port city of Ratchet always brought him good memories. Its inn, the Broken Keel Tavern, was cozy and always had great ale and all kinds of products from around the world. It was never crowded, but it had clients at all times. Dunris and his brothers had made good deals at Ratchet when coin was needed, and they had made some great friendships as well. The kind of friendships Wolfeye would expect to rally to their side when asked for help.

"Remind Syla to...", Irondawn started.

"Captain Syla", one of the the oarsmen interrupted Argheros to correct him.

"Remind her to anchor at a nearby island until we can get a permit to allow the La Suerte to stay at these docks", the Paladin continued, ignoring the man's words. "Razorhowl will go to you when it's done."

"Why do I have to be the messenger?"; the gilnean complained as they got down from the boat.

"Because you don't need a boat to travel through the water", Irondawn stated. "With your skills to run over the surface and your sense of smell, you'll find the La Suerte in no time."

Two Steamwheedle Cartel guards approached them with haste, panting and sweating.

"That ship has to pay the fee for anchoring at the Merchant Coast!", one of the goblin said with his high pitch voice.

"They aren't staying for long", Dunris responded, knowing exactly how to handle with him. "They just dropped us here and now they'll be gone."

"They have to pay for the time spent here anyway!", the Ratchet Bruiser insisted.