Chapter 18 - Syndicalism no more

"As I've said many times, we should try restocking our ale supplies

"As I've said many times, we should try restocking our ale supplies..." the Wildhammer dwarf, Bordok, said with a fake hoarse voice. "Soon we'll leave the Aerie behind, and there will be no chance of getting any good beer. Unless you want to steal some Stormpike ale... which is like poison."

"There will be plenty of time to drink once our quest is over", Raghek answered, rising his battle axe in the air, with a lively attitude they had only seen in Moltenhorns before.

"Wolfeye, tell him how wrong he is!"

Dunris answered with a loud laughter. In spite the Barbarians asuring they weren't fond of orcs, the Shaman and his brothers had quickly befriended the arathorians. After sharing a couple of drinks and meals, they had come to realize their cultures weren't so different.

At first, Wolfeye wasn't quite convinced about Argheros' decision to recruit these people. The Chieftain's initial behavior was disrespectful, and even though the orc didn't want more problems, he didn't enjoy his honor being insulted. He was planning on leaving as soon as Irondawn returned from his talk with Rondalf, but the Paladin came back with company, and thrilled about meeting the Barbarians.

Dunris couldn't judge him for that. He too had been amazed when he had met his own ancestors, the Mag'har, many years ago. Even more so, when the Horde found the Frostwolves during the conflict with the Iron Horde, he and his brothers had spent several days searching every corner of Frostfire Ridge to learn everything they could about their clan. They even met younger versions of their own parents, but Wolfeye's wisdom and patience had prevented them from engaging in contact with Tork and Ot'ka.

In his case, Argheros had always known he had arathorian blood in his veins, but he didn't know that his lineage went back so many generations. The old sage Kandra had performed a short ritual, summoning the spirits of ancient Warriors for Irondawn to stand trial before them. The Paladin was, indeed, "pure of blood", a feat that had impressed many of the Barbarians.

Raghek was already determined to help the Embassy project, in gratitude for saving his life. After Irondawn's ritual, many others had also rushed to offer their aid. Bordok was among them, even though he wasn't an arathorian barbarian; he was also a Shaman, and he had been convinced by Dhondril to join the group. The Architect had expressed on many occasions how much he wanted to work with Shamans to provide him with elemental stones, summoned from Deepholm itself.

But Bordok wasn't the only Shaman to join the Embassy. Shagrah, a mighty arathorian woman with eyes like shining gold, was also a Worldspeaker, as they called their own Shamans. She showed a deep connection with the earth element, and Dunris had shared many insightful conversations with her. Shagrah had a loud voice and a heavy hand, but her heart was warm and her soul was kind.

Odelia was Raghek's sister, and she was just as fierce and strong as her brother. The other barbarians said she could pierce and armor with her look only. Wolfeye hadn't seen such a feat of strength yet, but he and his brothers deeply enjoyed her company. Naurosh was almost in love with her, for he thought she could rival any orc woman.