Your hazel eyes look almost golden. And my blue eyes look almost silver. It's like our eyes are a shining silver and gold.

"At first, I was going to refuse. Then he gave me some more information on just who you two were, and I couldn't resist. I had to meet you. The both of you. I've already talked with your Thorn friend. She's quite the catch. Here. This will tell you all you need to know. Goodbye. For now." He smiled, handing me a folded up piece of old paper before slithering away. I was afraid to look at it, at first. But my curiosity had gotten the best of me, and I opened it.

Gold, 

If you are reading this, then Orochimaru has fulfilled his promise. And I'd like to give you an invitation. The Akatsuki needs power. Specifically your power. You and your Silver friend are important to us. If not both, then one of you. I will be sending Itachi Uchiha and Kisame Hoshigake to find the both of you and retrieve at least one of you almost immediately after the third and final round of the chunin exams held in Konoha. You will be welcomed to our organization with great honor and glory. I hope to see you soon.

Pein.

I stared at the letter, not sure what to think. Toge had gotten the same letter. If I knew her well enough, she wasn't going to take the offer. However, if Toge knew me well enough, she knew that I'd go for it. At least, in talk I would. At the moment I was too scared. I was over thinking things already, as I normally do. How could I accurately think this through? What would they do to the village if one of us didn't go? They said they wanted one of us, no matter what.

So what was I supposed to do?

I sighed, rushing down to the arena to meet Toge. 

She was watching the battle with Sakura and Ino. I rolled my eyes at their way of fighting with each other. I turned to Toge, who was watching with great intent as she crumpled the note in her hand. I walked up next to her and whispered, "We need to talk." She looked over at me, seriousness all over her face, and nodded.

"You're going to do it, aren't you?" She interrogated once we were in a secure room. 

"No, I'm not. I want to protect this village and the people in it. I don't want a war to break out. I want to be able to change things." I told her. I decided that most of it was in fact the truth. She gave a sigh of relief.

"Good. Now, what do we do with these?" She asked, holding up the notes. I walked over to her, and took the note from her.

"I'll give them to the Hokage. I can tell that you were really interested in watching the battles. I encourage you to do so." I smiled. I turned back around, and left the room, walking to where the Hokage was.

I opened the door slowly, and when I found the Hokage alone, I fully entered.

"Ah, Kuraun. It is good to see you. What do you need?" He asked, happily. My face remained expressionless as I shut the door and slammed the open letters on his desk.