Time to Move On

QUEN’S POV

I looked at Gia and I saw that she was shaking a bit as Julia left the restaurant. She was trying to be strong by plastering a smile on her beautiful face but she was my wife and I knew when something was bothering her.

Everyone had sat down once Julia was out of sight. I grabbed Gia’s hand and pull it to my lips. I kiss her skin and whisper to her that everything would be fine.

Charlie was upset that our celebratory dinner was ruined but I was determined not to let the intrusion damper the mood. I did my best to get everyone talking and laughing until our food arrived. The mood was definitely cheery while we ate. The bill came and I insisted on paying even though Charlie argued with me as we both pulled out our credit cards.

Gia asked Charlie to let me pay and she backed down. She asked Bianca and Charlie to walk with her outside for some air while I waited for the waitress to return with my card. The three got up from the table and Kent moved to the seat next to me.

“I can’t believe she had the balls to show her face and so soon after we returned home. She’s lucky the damn Miami cops were too stupid and lazy to talk to us b efore letting her go. She should be rotting in a jail cell right now!”

I couldn’t agree more but I couldn’t let that thought take over my life. As long as Julia stayed the hell away from my family I wasn’t going to think twice about her. My main focus was making sure Gia had a smooth pregnancy.

“Let’s not dwell on this too much Kent. We both have women who need to be our top priorities.” I tell him as the waitress returns with my credit card.

Ray and Kent grab the boys as we all get up from the table and head outside. I see Bianca and Charlie encasing Gia in a hug. I hear her crying softly and I am instantly on alert. I rush over and gently pull my woman away from the hug.

I place my hands on her shoulder and bend a little so I am eye level with Gia. “What’s wrong darling?”

Her eyes are wet as she looks at me. She sniffs and shakes her head. I remove my right hand and place it on her face, wiping away her tears.

“Something’s wrong. Talk to me please.”

She sighs. “Can we talk at home? I really need you to hold me tonight.”

"Of course."

I pull her into my chest and place my hands on her back. She latches onto me and cries into my shirt. I don’t care about the stains from her tears. My truck is brought to the curb along with Kent and Bianca’s car. I help Gia into the truck as my aunt and uncle get into the back.

I accept my keys from the valet and jog around to the driver’s side. I get in and head home. The drive is in silence which makes me wonder what everyone is thinking.

I pull onto my property and park the truck near the house. Everyone exits and I throw my arm around Gia as we enter our home. Gia bids everyone good night as she pulls me upstairs.