No Worries

GIA’S POV

I woke up to my stomach growling. I noticed Quen had pulled off my dress and put me in a gold nightgown. I didn’t even remember falling asleep. I did remember my husband telling me that some sick psycho called his office and threatened to kill him.

Could it have been Michael? No, Michael was in jail, where he belonged.

I looked to the direction of my bedroom door as I heard a knock. The door opens and Quen enters with a tray of food. I give him a smile as he approaches our bed. He bends to place the tray on my lap and then places a kiss on my lips.

I steal a peek at the clock and see that it is shortly after seven. I had been asleep for about five hours.

“I’ve called the police about the threatening phone call.” Quen begins. “Two off duty officers will rotate guarding the office tomorrow to make sure my employees are safe. There are also a few officers at the office right now checking out the scene to make sure there’s no bomb there or anything like that.”

I blow out a breath. “This is so crazy. Who would want to kill you? You’re so damn loveable.”

He smiles at me. “Thanks babe but I only care that you love me.”

I reach out and place my hand on his cheek. “I don’t just love you; I’m in love with you.”

Quen pushes his face forward after my words and crushes his lips against mine. We tongue battle for a few moments before the sound of my grumbling stomach interrupts us.

Quen laughs as he gently pulls back. “Why don’t you eat? I’ll finish appreciating you before we go to sleep.”

I throw my arms around his neck. “I don’t want food; I want you. Plus I’ve already been to sleep.”

He smiles and pecks my lips. “Eat babe. There will be plenty of time for some lovin’ later.”

I pout as Quen backs away from me. I keep my eyes on him as he walks around our bed and flops down onto his side. He grabs the remote to the TV in front of our bed and turns it on. ESPN is his channel of choice but that’s what the TV is always on that channel.

Just as I am about to pick up my fork to eat, Quen begins unbuttoning his shirt. From the corner of my eye I watch him pull it off revealing the muscles on his biceps. The undershirt he’s wearing is pulled off and I run my eyes down his beautifully sculpted chest.

Fuck eating, I wanted my man!

I move the tray from my lap to the nightstand next to me. I roll over and climb onto Quen’s lap, blocking his view to the TV. He gives me a half irritated, half aroused look. I ignore it as I lean down and place kisses on his chest. I feel his tent forming beneath me.

“Babe what are you doing?”

I stop the kisses and look in his face. I see him fighting a smile. “Do you even have to ask?”

Quen peeks over my shoulder at the TV. “Babe, can you wait until a commercial to hop on it?”

I suck my teeth at his words. “Seriously?”

He laughs. “I’m sorry babe but I just want to check the scores of the game. Five minutes is all I’m asking; besides you need to eat.”

I blow out a very frustrating breath. I crawl off Quen’s lap and replace my tray of food back into my lap. I eat quickly as Quen cheers at the TV; I’ll never understand football but my man loves it.

When a commercial hits I am almost done eating. Quen rolls onto his side to face me. I pretend to ignore him as he reaches out and places his hand on my thigh. He massages my skin and I drop my fork before staring at him.