Chapter 20- Just Friends

Start from the beginning

Tyler sat in front of me, the control panel in-between us. As he messed about with a few buttons I closed my eyes and sang. I sang and in my head it was like I was in my own music video, the upbeat tempo making me sing and dance along in the street, passerbyers ignoring me as I twirled around in my dress, where I bump into a mysterious man mid twirl and we walk hand in hand along the street to, I assume, our happily ever after.

I opened my eyes once I finished singing the song to a smiling Tyler. He didn’t say anything for the first few moments, just stared at me as if I had something on my face, making me think I might have had something on my face. Being self conscious, I swiped at my face, hoping there was nothing on it.

After a few agonising moments, I could no longer take it. “Please just tell me I sound good even if I did sound like I sat on cat”

“Lena that was beautiful” he looked at me with awe, his eyes wide, as if I was something special, something he had never seen before.

“So does that mean I sounded like I sat on your cat?” I smirked.

He shook his head, a hint of a smile appearing on his face. “No, that was amazing. Your voice is... its... I don’t even have words for it” he looked baffled as he thread his hand through his hair, making it stick up all over the place as he drew out a breath.

“Wow, I don’t think I’m that good but thanks” I blushed.

“You should be a singer, you could be huge” he gushed.

“I’ll stick to acting thanks. I don’t think I could be a singer”

“Why? I’ve been thinking of setting up my own record label and you could be my first client. You could be amazing. And pretty much everyone already knows who you are so you could make lots of albums and you would make thousands, millions of dollars even” he said as he flourished his hands about, the plan forming in his head.

“Wow, you’re really being serious about this” I said as I noticed his face had turned red with near exhaustion going over his plan. “But I don’t think I’d be able to do it. My heart wouldn’t be in it, not as much as it is in acting” I said rather sheepishly, hoping I didn’t hurt him.

He nodded in understanding. “Still, if you ever change your mind” he shrugged.

I gave out a chuckle. “I’ll let you know”

He glanced at his watch. “We better get you to the airport, I don’t want you to be late” he said, getting the music system off and grabbing his keys before heading out.

Once we arrived at the bustling airport, my nerves started to kick in. It was weird because I wasn’t exactly nervous about anything. It was always a feeling I got when I knew I would be leaving home for a long period of time. I had nothing to worry about since this wasn’t like the last time.

The last time I left for the States my parents weren’t too keen on the idea of me acting. Now they were happy with what I was doing. Last time I had a fight with my best friend and never spoke to her for months but now that would be the opposite because now we were talking and I don’t think we would ever stop talking.

My nerves had settled with those thoughts. I was excited at the thought of starting my new film and hanging out with Indigo and her friends at her bachelorette party, it would be fun.

Tyler held my hand as he walked me through the airport. I didn’t know why he did it but it felt nice nonetheless. I could see photographers in my peripheral vision, snapping pictures of us, somehow knowing that I was going to be here.