Chapter 3- The Red Carpet

Chapter 3

Okay, I had to admit, even I was now excited. Just the fact that I was meeting someone famous was getting me excited. We were going to a red carpet event, so we would probably see a whole bunch of celebrities. Kirsty and I definitely got dressed up for this once in a lifetime event. Kirsty was wearing a purple knee length dress with red heels to match whereas I was wearing a white maxi dress with black flowers printed at the bottom of the dress. Kirsty styled her hair to be curly whilst mine was straightened. We really were opposites.

As soon as we stepped out of the taxi there were thousands of screaming girls everywhere, I couldn't even hear myself think. It felt like my ear drums were about to burst. There were people on the red carpet all dressed up in suits and dresses, lots of cameras everywhere; it was like a sea full of flashing cameras. There was a light breeze of wind which was good as it made sure that it was not too stuffy when standing with the other fans.

We were directed to stand behind the rope where we would be standing to see the celebrities. Lots of screaming fans were surrounding us, all probably waiting to catch a glimpse of Danny, just like Kirsty was. She decided to join in with the screaming as well which did not help my ear situation seeing as she was standing right beside me.

“Danny isn't even here yet so you don’t need to scream." I screamed at Kirstin. It was really difficult to talk or listen so I hoped she heard me. As soon as I said Danny’s name some girls screamed even louder causing me to flinch and back away from them. All though there was hardly any room to move so backing way just caused me to go nearer to more screaming girls. Well I know at least the girls heard me.

"Oh my god! Where!" some of them screamed. Note to self- do not mention Danny’s name, especially in front of a million screaming fans. I don't think I’m too excited to see how it goes when Danny does actually arrive.

There were cameras everywhere, flashing lights from the cameras, celebrities walking on the carpet, and most importantly the screaming fans. It was definitely a proper glamorous red carpet event.

Some people were even interviewing the fans behind the red carpet. When the camera came to our side of the carpet Kirstin and I looked at each other with a sly smirk on our faces before we turned our faces to the camera and screamed as loud as we could. I might as well have some fun while I was here. The presenter seemed to notice our rather loud ear piercing screams as he looked at us for a second before turning  round to face the camera saying "looks like we have a couple of huge fans here"

Kirsty squealed and dragged me to nearer the front where the presenter was. “So are you girls excited about seeing Danny Thomson?” the presenter asked. He was a well known presenter, I recognised him from presenting a few television shows. Everyone I knew really loves him, he was a really good presenter and wasn’t that bad looking either.

“Hell yeah” Kirsty screamed immediately. I just looked at her and laughed, so did the presenter. Lots of other girls were now crowding round us trying to get the presenters attention or trying to get into the camera shot.

“And what about you?” he now asked me, probably seeing that I did not have the same reaction as Kirsten. “Are you excited to see Danny?”

“Yeah, I guess” I shrug. I had to shout as I couldn’t even hear myself talk because of all the noise. “But I’m more excited to meet Emma Watson. I hear she’s going to be here tonight” I say excitedly. I love the Harry Potter movies and knowing that she might be here was rather exciting.