Chapter 5-Just Danny

Previously:

I gasped " oh my goodness, I am so sorry sir, it was an accident" I babbled on as I grabbed some napkins that I had and dabbed it on his shirt, hoping that I would make this situation better, which I clearly wasn't by the scowl on his face.

"I am so sorry sir" I said again. I really should have been paying attention to where I was going, how clumsy of me.

"You" he pointed a finger at me. The coffee stains were now visible, covering his once clean blue shirt.

I suddenly felt terrified and felt small under his presence. I was definitely getting fired for sure.

By this time everyone had gathered round to see what the mishap was about. I had never felt so embarrassed in my life. In sure I could feel my face burning red at everyone’s gazes.

Samantha stood there with a smirk playing on her face and her arms folded across her chest as if she had just beaten me at some game she was playing.

Harry then looked at me with a different expression and his features softened.

“You" he repeated again, now more quietly and gently, all traces of anger gone. I was seriously confused, what was happening? He looked as if he was scrutinising me and nodded his head slightly " Yes, you. You could do it."

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

“WHAT?! “Both Samantha and I screamed in unison. Sam screaming, obviously knowing what was going on whereas I screamed not getting what he meant. Me. Acting. No way.

“Yes, you” Harry clarified for us, oblivious to my shock and Sam’s rage.

“But, I can do it sir. I have years of experience in acting and have done lots of theatre and-“ Samantha butt in but Harry cut her off.

“No. This young lady looks the part and looks similar to Maria, so she can play the part” Harry smiled at me.

Samantha crossed her arms and stormed off in a huff. “It should have been me” she grumbled as she stalked off away from the drama. I would have laughed at her childish behaviour any other time but I didn’t feel like laughing right now.

I stood there unmoving. Yes, one of the best directors in the world has just given me an amazing compliment but was he thinking straight by asking me- more like demanding- to be in this movie? That coffee spill must have done something to him.

Harry obviously seemed to notice I had no emotion whatsoever on my face, expect fear, because that was what I was feeling right about now. “It’s only until we find a replacement. We just need someone in the meantime to cover for Maria” he tried to assure me.

How was that supposed to calm me down? What if he was lying? I mean what was the point in having me around when they were apparently going to find someone else.

I looked around to see all eyes on me; I could feel my cheeks redden in embarrassment. I didn’t mind being in the centre of attention every once in a while but only for the right reasons. Not now, when I looked like I had just got dressed in the dark.

My eyes came across to Danny, who was staring at me intently with those piercing green eyes, the ones that got me onto this mess on the first place. I decided to avoid them before I got into anymore trouble and came across the other runners who were staring at me with their mouths agape and eyes wide open in shock. I suppose nothing like this had ever happened here, so this must have been a shock to their system.

I could see Sam from a distance with a scowl plastered on her face. Her eyes were shooting daggers at me and if looks could kill, I would probably not be standing here right now. Seeing her unsatisfied like that was all the determination I needed to bring me out of my initial shock. I smirked at Sam, a smirk that said ‘I’ve won this time’- although we were in no competition- and confidently nodded at Harry Williams.