Chapter 20- Just Friends

Chapter 20

These past few weeks, I had gotten to know Tyler so much more. He was hilarious and sweet and charming and just an amazing person to be around. I had been spending most of my time at Tyler’s house ever since Danny left to go back to America.

Tyler would help me learn my lines and in return he would sing to me. He would perch up on his stool, guitar in hand, and strum away. His voice so different than those on his CD’s. His voice was smooth and calm like the ocean tide, sweeping me away with his voice. He did rap once for me but the other times he let his voice drift away, singing songs of love and heartbreak, making me feel those lyrics with him, taking me away from my life and feeling the emotions of his.

Usually the day ended with a little peck on the cheek from Tyler, making my insides flutter with happiness and leaving my cheeks burning red.

Today was my last day at home before I left to go back to the States to start my next film. However, before filming started I was invited by Indigo to go to her bachelorette party, which was a weekend away in a lodge.

Tyler had offered to take me to the airport, which I happily agreed to. Any reason to spend time with Tyler. My suitcases were in his car and we had a couple of hours to kill before I had to leave for the airport, so we were just relaxing at his house.

We were sitting on the sofa inside his studio room, his arm wrapped around my shoulder as my head lay against his shoulder, his body heat keeping me warm on this chilly day.

“You know, I haven’t heard you sing” he said.

I peered up at him. “I don’t think you want to”

“I bet you’re a really good singer” he smiled.

“Where are you going with this Tyler?” I asked curiously.

“I just want to hear you sing” he said and got up off the sofa, leaving me to fall on it with a groan. He pressed some buttons on his control panel and went to fix the microphone.

“What are you doing?” I asked, grumpy now that I was missing his body heat. I wouldn’t have minded staying the way we were for the next couple of hours.

“I want you to sing for me. I want to hear your voice when you’re gone. You’re going to be away for a long time and I’m going to miss having you around for company everyday” he pouted. With that adorable pout, high defined cheekbones and his hair windswept, he looked like a kid who didn’t get his way. How could I say no to that face?

I reluctantly got up off the sofa, heading to the microphone where Tyler stood. “You sound like some whiney boyfriend” I teased, sitting myself on the stool, the microphone inches from my face.

“I could be you know” he said nonchalantly, passing me the headphones to put on.

I was a bit startled by his revelation and gave a nervous chuckle in reply not knowing what to say to that and looking anywhere but at him.

“What do you want me to sing?” I asked, hoping to forget and avoid what he just said earlier.

“Anything you want” he smiled.

I took my time thinking of a song to sing. There had been a catchy song that had been playing on the radio constantly lately and had been stuck in my head for the past few days, so I decided to sing that.

“Don’t blame me if my voice starts to sound like a cat being strangled. Remember you asked me to sing” I laughed.

“I’m sure you won’t sound like that” he grinned, showing me his gleaming white teeth like he was promoting toothpaste on a commercial.