Chapter 18- Read All About It

Chapter 18

The premier was a big success and the movie was amazing. Better than I had expected it to be. Everyone commented on how great my acting skills were, but I just waved those comments away. I couldn’t have been that great. Danny and I both enjoyed it and left the cinema with huge smiles on our faces.

Now it was back to reality for a while. I was staying a home before I left for my new movie which was in a couple of weeks. Those few weeks I was planning to just be me for a while and hang out with Kirstin and catch up with my parents.

Since the premier, almost all the papers wanted to know every single detail about me. I could never just go out and be normal without being hounded by the paparazzi. Most of the articles were untrue most of the time.

Today, I had planned to go shopping with Kirstin.  She was waiting for me in my living room whilst I got ready. Once I got downstairs, she was lounged on my sofa watching some celebrity news channel and you would never believe who was currently staring at me on the screen!

The presenter, who was sitting in her big red chair, her legs folded over one another, as she pointed to the screen behind her which showed a picture of Danny and me at the premier, hugging as I had just entered the red carpet.

‘It looks to me that Danny Thomas and Lena Brooks seem to be much more than friends, looking at this picture They both look happy snuggled up to each other in each other’s embrace as Lena arrived at the premier’. The presenter smirked into the camera, happy to have any type of gossip for the show.

‘It was reported that the boy band Peridot, who also starred in this film, were not in attendance at the premier due to their conflicting schedules as they are currently on their world tour. Could this photo mean that Kasena are now over and Lena has now moved on to Danny?’

I scowled at that comment. How dare she insinuate that we were over due to just one photo of Danny and I hugging, and a friendly embrace at that. That comment was completely untrue although the long distance relationship thing was starting to show its strain.

‘Danny and Lena are seen walking along the red carpet arm in arm as they pose for photos and greet the fans, more proof that Danny and Lena are a thing’

A thing? How could you call anyone a thing? That just seemed degrading. I wanted to go through that television screen and pull out her fake blond extensions.

Whilst Lena is cosying up to Danny Thomas, Kason Reyes is seen pictured here wrapping his arm around this cute brunette-“

I grabbed the remote control and turned the television screen off making Kirstin jumped a little.

“Oh, I didn’t realise you were down already” Kirstin said, smiling as she gave me a sheepish look.

 “Why do you even watch this rubbish?” I sighed, picking up my bag over my shoulder, ready to go out.

“There was nothing else to watch while I was waiting for you” she shrugged, getting off the sofa. “Besides, you know I don’t believe most of the rubbish that they go on about anyway” she hugged me. “I’m sure that picture with Kason-“

“It doesn’t matter” I cut her off. “They always exaggerate pictures like that, it was probably just a picture with a fan and they made it out to be more than it should be” I shrugged off.

Most of the reports and articles out there wanted to know about my relationships. It was like the only thing that mattered to these people. Since there were no current pictures of Kason and me since he was on tour, there were stories that we had broken up already or that I was now Danny. They even used the pictures from the premier when he hugged me and when we walked up the red carpet together apparently looking ‘couply’.