You're my Comfort

Start from the beginning

Dropping my hands, "Really?"

She slides away from me, cackling, "Wow you totally believed that."

"Yah! Unnie!"

"I can't hear my music because of you guys! Get out of my room," Chaeng nagged, throwing her pillows at us.

Just on cue, Jennie knocks on the door. She leans her side on the door frame, her arms crossed while her brows rise. "Sometimes I think I went into the wrong group," she shakes her head, a playful smirk of her own that drove me crazy.

Sitting up, I snatch the end of my shirt that Dalgom so viciously pulled.

"Yes! Dalgom make your mother proud!" Jisoo unnie praised with both arms up.

"Unnie what's up?" Chaeng asked cheerfully.

Jennie fakes a smile on Chaeng before her eyes landed to me. "Lisa, can I talk to you for a second?" She backs off.

This was similar to a mother calling you to have that 'talk'.

Swallowing, I wipe my hands on Jisoo unnie's shirt.

"Eww Lisa!" Jisoo unnie scrunches her nose. Sticking my tongue out, I proceed to follow Jennie away from everyone else.

She locks her door after I came inside. This was the first time after that Thailand vacation that we were left alone. It was mostly because the four of us spend a lot of time preparing for our next song release.

"H-how have you been?" I awkwardly ask her, as she sits on her bed. She combs her hair back, although silly she answers, "Stressed out."

She massages her temples, a sigh escapes from her mouth. Kneeling in front of her, my knees on the cold hard floor.

"Should I get you some medicine?"

Her eyes flutter open, it took her seconds to smile at me. I missed this smile that was only for me.

"No, I'll be alright," she places her forehead against mine. "I'll be alright," she repeats, finding strength in her own words.

I love this about her. She isn't the kind of girl who's always dependent on people, unlike me. She mostly works it out for herself, but the thing I love about it is that when she knows she can't take anymore of it, she leans on certain people.

"You're alright," I chant for her.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, our breathing in sync.

"Lisa, I'll be meeting my mother today," she tells me. She raises her head and glance at me, as if asking me if she should do it.

There was nothing wrong with having to face your problems.

I gave her my biggest optimistic smile, "You'll be fine."

I may not know her story, but I'll be waiting for her. She eyes me, realizing that I understood the doubt inside of her. My Nini musters a smile, "Thank you."

We didn't take long, exiting her room and finding the other two who positioned themselves in the living room, just watching some Netflix series. Jennie leaves me to dress herself up to go to her mother's house.

Our discussion may look normal and boring to others. But it was special to me; the silent conversation made it special, my heart drumming made it special and most especially the girl made it special for me.

Maybe I am too deep in my feelings. Yet a part of me wants to know where these uncertain feelings will lead me.

My love for the girl I disliked.