You're my Comfort

Lisa

After a few more days we went back to Korea, going in separate ways. I wasn't sure what was on her mind in the last day, as I took her to the temple. She stayed silent, her thoughts afloat.

I could only guess that she was either thinking about the kiss or her mother.

It had now come to me that there must be something wrong with Jennie and her family. If I think about it, I have never seen her spend time with her family, she usually just stays inside her room or play with Jisoo Unnie.

For the years I have known her, this was the only time I truly met her mother.

Now my growing curiosity for the girl I fell in love with had surmount.

"Lisa," Chaeng waves her hand in front of me, breaking my line of thoughts.

"Uh yes?" I smile at her. We were inside her room, she picks a phonograph record from her shelf and plays it in her vinyl player. I love spending quality time with my best friend, but my heart is somewhere else, too preoccupied with Jennie Kim.

I had thought I had somewhat progressed but Jennie treats me just as before. She doesn't laugh at my silly jokes and gestures, nor does she talk affectionately to me.

Has she finally gotten bored and rid herself from me?

The question had me scared. "Lisa," Chaeng called again, this time she was much closer, her hands holding mine, "Are you okay?"

Turning my head to look at her, I force myself to grin widely, "Yes, yes I am." I take my hands away from hers, she frowns at the action, and the response makes me guilty.

Jennie would be mad.

But my best friend's sad puzzled expression doesn't fade away. Next thing I knew, I hugged her from the back, "Are you okay?" I throw the question back to her.

She relaxes from my hold.

I hope Jennie doesn't see this.

"It's just that.. something changed with you. Is it about Jennie unnie?"

"Of course not," I lied.

She leans the back of her head on my broad shoulder. She closes her eyes and hums happily in sync with the ballad playing inside the room.

"Chipmunk," I whispered to her ear. She stops, "Lisa."

"I'm hungry," she giggles at my joke. "Let's order food," In time with my words, the door opens and Jisoo unnie comes in with her asshole of a dog --- Dalgom.

"Yah! Lisa what are you doing again?" She comically separates me from Chaeng.

There was an emotion I couldn't decipher in her eyes before she takes me away from Rosé. It was easy to notice since it was the first time I saw that, but just as I notice it, it quickly goes away.

"Unnie why are you here?" I complain, pulling her and hugging her instead.

She bits my hand, making me let go of her.

"I wanted you to order pizza. I'm hungry," she huffs as I attacked her again, this time it was Chaeng who dragged me away from Jisoo Unnie. The whole scenario was just like that, the two teaming up to beat me.

The girly fight swerved into a wrestling match between Jisoo Unnie and I.

Chaeng sat there, laughing her ass off without so much as even helping her poor best friend.

"I'm the maknae here! Why am I getting bullied," I shouted, pinning Jisoo Unnie down.

"Don't you know?" She turns serious, "Maknaes in Korea are often treated this way."