⇮5

Dallon's POV:
He fell asleep leaning on me. We didn't have any plans for today so I thought it would be best to let him rest, plus he didn't sleep good last night, he always has nightmares.

He looked so adorable laying there, I found myself watching him more than the TV. I was hoping that he would sleep peacefully. I know that he hasn't had a good sleep in a long time, long before he got here.

The more I looked at him, the more I was beginning to think of how beautiful he is. Of course, I could never make a move considering how damaged his last relationship left him. But there was nothing wrong with a small crush, right?

Ugh. I shouldn't like him. It's setting myself up for loneliness. Maybe it's not even a crush. Maybe it's like protective instincts and I'm getting my feelings mixed up

He started to wrap his arms around my arm in his sleep and let out a small snore.

No, it was definitely a crush.

A phone started ringing from the kitchen. It must be Brendon's. I knew if it kept ringing, it would wake him up, and that if I got up to go get it, it would wake him up.

He only had three numbers saved, two of them were mine and the other was Ryan. And I can't imagine Ryan calling him out of the blue. Must be a telemarketer.

Just as I thought. It was a call about reducing student loads. I hung up and blocked the number before carrying the phone in the living room with me, figuring I would help him set up his Touch ID and backgrounds while we have time.

5:00 PM
"Want Chic-fil-A?" I asked.  "Or Burger King? They're the two closest and either are fine with me."

Brendon let out a loud laugh and quietly as usual, but confidently said "Chic-fil-A. D-Duh."

He's got good taste.

"Alright." I said. "Wanna come with me or wait here?"

"A-Actually. I'll c-come with. Just the d-drive-thru though, right?"

"Yeah. I hate eating in restaurants so we can just bring it back here and chill while we eat."

We got in the car and the radio began playing softly. The restaurant was only down the road a few minutes away, so we were back before we knew it.

That had been Bren's first time leaving my house. I was glad that he wanted to go because it felt like a brave, bold step of improvement for him. And although I would like to keep him sheltered here with me all the time keeping him safe, that's no way for him to live. I'm proud of him for taking the first step of improvement.

We sat at the kitchen table and ate out Chic-fil-A. What made it noticeable that he was starting to get comfortable around me was, besides the cuddling when he fell asleep earlier, the fact that he had been asking me questions, and being the one to start conversations.

As we ate he asked me questions about my job, and I explained to him that I worked with a record label, working to produce music. He went on and on about how cool that seems and how before everything happened with his ex.

I want to hear him sing one day, if he'd be comfortable with it. Our record label is always looking for new talent. I just hope he's not too shy.

We both decided to go to bed early, I guess sitting around all day made us both tired.  We slept as we always do, him on the futon and me on the bed, even though I tried to convince him every night to take the bed, it was more comfortable.

Around 3:30 I woke up and saw a light shining from the bathroom and Brendon wasn't in the futon. I turned over and tried to fall back asleep, but I heard the sounds of cries coming from down the hall.