She got so into her research that it only felt like minutes had passed when she heard chatter outside of the bus door, and with a small smile, she reluctantly closes her laptop and places it to the side before rising to her feet.

"Really mani, I just want to sleep" a tired looking Camila pulls the door open, stepping inside and pulling off her jacket.

She doesn't seem to realise there was anyone else on the bus, more specifically behind her.

"Well it looks like Lauren and I will just have to watch a movie by ourselves. How's the lion king sound laur?" Normani's voice was teasing and it only took the small girl a second to realise what her manager had said. Her eyes soon widen, and her small body whips around so quick Lauren's swears she might have given herself whiplash.

"Hi baby, come give me a cuddle" Lauren holds her arms out, her own eyes filling with tears when Camila lets out a quiet sob and walks forward into her arms, her small arms wrapping tightly around her waist.

Not knowing how badly Camila had hurt herself, Lauren refrains from picking her up and instead wraps her arms securely her small frame, her one arm round her waist and the other cupping the back of her head.

"Up mama" the small girl almost begs, not seeming to care about the damage to her body. She was just desperate to be held. Desperate to feel the comfort she knew Lauren's arms would give her.

"Alright baby, up we go" Lauren reluctantly lifts the girl, being careful to adjust her so she was sat on her front, one leg either side of her waist. She holds her as close as she possible could, her lips pressing a lingering kiss to the side of her head.

"There we go. No more tears now, mama's got you" she gives Normani a gentle smile before making her way through to the back lounge, wanting to sit wit the girl for a while before confronting her about what she knew may cause another major upset.

She sits herself down onto the couch with Camila straddling her lap, and when the girls tears show no sign of stopping despite the quiet soothing, she begins to rock, her hand grazing the bare skin of her back from where her shirt had ridden up. "you're okay baby" she whispers.

Camila's body jolts as she tries to get her breathing under control, her arms wrapped around Lauren's shoulders and her eyes closed taking in everything she was feeling. The hand on her back, the lips pressing repeatedly against the back of her head. They were all good feelings. Nothing like she had felt this past few weeks.

She soon feels herself slipping. Unintentionally of course. But it had been so long that she was desperate to rid of herself of all these grown up worries. The fact that Lauren was probably going to leave again. The fact that she had no idea when she would end the able to numb herself again.

She tries to fight it, knowing that when she slips Mama was in charge of just about everything. More specifically, her diaper, and that would mean she would see her thighs. The very thighs that were covered in so much physical damage it was almost scary.

"It's okay baby, you can slip. I know it's been a long time" mama's voice cuts of her thoughts, and she feels herself get lifted so she was sat sideways on her lap as opposed to straddling.

The shift causes her leggings to catch on her cuts and she has to hold back her whimper of pain as her hand subconsciously clutches her leg. That of course gets Lauren to freeze underneath her and before she could realise what she had done, hands tentatively begin to tug at her pants.

Not having it in her to fight, she allows her mama to pull the leggings of completely, her bottom lip trembling at the audible gasp that fills her ears.

"Camila..." Lauren doesn't know what to say. The girls legs were bad. Full of cuts, both deep, and shallow. Some even looked like they needed stitches but were ignored and left to attempt to heal wide open.

She feels her eyes fill with tears, but deeming the heavy sobs leaving Camila's lips more important, she  instead pulls the small girl close, "it's okay, it's okay. You're not in trouble. I'm not mad" she attempts to reassure, tears falling from her eyes despite her best attempts at keeping them away.

Camila shakes her head and clutches tightly onto her mama's shirt. Frantic apologies were escaping her lips and she doesn't seem to get that she wasn't in trouble.

Spotting a pacifier from the corner of her eye, she reaches for it whilst laying the tiny girl down in her arms, "it's okay, look what mama has" she presses the soother to her lips, gently holding it there when Camila seems to struggle to get a proper latch.

"Shhh" she whispers softly, leaning back against the couch and allowing the girl to settle against her chest. Camila clutches onto her tightly, her body still trembling but her breathing finally steadying.

Lauren finally allows herself to take a deep breath of relief.

**

Tell me what you think!!

How do you guys want me to introduce breastfeeding? I'm a little unsure on how to bring it in tbh.

Next chapter: 200 votes