Chapter 24

Bella's POV

I stared at Ryan as he laid in his hospital bed. I'd miss him so fucking much...

"Ryan... it's me, Bella, and I just wanted you to know that--" I swiped away a couple of my tears, "--I'll be leaving. And chances are, I'll never see you again."

It was really hard for me to say all this stuff to him. "And I want you to know that... that before I go... I love you."

It was the first time I'd said it to Ryan, and I felt my heart grow when I'd said it. But then, I realized I'd probably never see him again, and my heart shattered.

I kissed his forehead, stood up, and grabbed Nicole's hand.

"Are you okay?" She asked me quietly. "You're turning pale..."

"I'm okay," I confirmed. "Let's go."

I wasn't okay. I wasn't okay at all. But sometimes, you have to lie for the better.

***

We stopped at the Hamtin Hotel and ordered a room for 4. The hotel was really nice, it came with a pool, breakfast, some other kids that Charlie and Daisy could play with, and a soda machine. The soda was literally only 40 cents. For a can. Hell, this was paradise.

Nicole and I were sitting on the bed. Charlie and Daisy were probably checking out the bathroom. I decided I should have chatted with her.

"Nicole . . ." She was flipping the channel on the TV.

"Hmm?"

"What if he... I don't know... wakes up? What will he think when he sees when I'm gone?"

Nicole sat down the remote and turned to face me. She chewed her gum louder than normal. "Listen, Bella, he might be worried. But I still think leaving was the better choice. And for the sake of Charlie and Daisy. Plus, my cousin is really dangerous and I don't think I want you hanging out with him anymore."

"Well... sure, he was dangerous, but he always had a good heart! He was never a bitch, nor did he have a big head. He was always so sweet... and I miss him too much," I said, wiping a tear away with my index finger.

"I totally understand that you miss him. He was a big part of your life. I suppose you'll have to get used to this."

"How did I let this all happen? Damnit Bella, why must I have loved him?" I talked to myself.

Daisy and Charlie came running into the room with bottles of shampoo in their hands.

"Guys you need to smell this shampoo it's freaking amazing!" Daisy yelled. Charlie opened the lkid and inhaled the scent.

"Maybe they have more!!" Charlie hoped as he grabbed Daisy's hand. They ran back into the bathroom.

"He was such a great guy," I said, grabbing my shirt. I dabbed my eyes with the cloth.

"Yes, Bella. But you have to move on. You're probably never going to see him again. He was a mafia leader, for heaven's sake, you weren't going to be safe with him anyways."

"But I'd rather be happy than safe."

Nicole sighed and looked out the window. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What's going on out there?" She pointed towards the window.

We both stood up and walked toward the window. There were policemen and and ambulance surrounding a gas station. Lots of policemen, might I add.

"Hey Charlie!" I screamed, not pulling my eyes away from the screen, "Hand me your binoculars!"

Charlie came running in, and he stood next to me. He tried getting a peek of what was going on outside. "Can I see?"

"No. Now hand me your binoculars."

He handed them to me in a heartbeat before skipping away.

I looked outside through the binoculars and saw two lifeless bodies on the ground of the gas station. There was another man hiding behind on of the gas tanks. The police were looking for him.

He jumped out from behind the tank and shot 3 different cops as quick as possible. He ran as fast as he could inside of the station. 7 other policemen followed inside. One of them was even a lady. What a dangerous, dangerous job for a lady.

I heard one final bang, and then it was over. All the policemen came rushing out of the station, their breathing going crazy. One man stole a water bottle from inside of the gas station.

"Holy shit," I said, pulling the binoculars from my face, "That was intense.

"What? What's going on?"

"There were three men - I don't know what they did but they must have commit a crime - who were just trying to escape like 10 cops. But they all ended up dying."

"Damn, hand them binoculars over," Nicole said, taking them from my hand.

I walked back over to the bed to my down for a minute. I thought back to everything with Ryan and how dangerous it all was. What if those men were good friends with Ryan? Wasn't Ryan ever worried about their safety, too?

I felt a small knot in my stomach that pulled on me. The knot got bigger and bigger, and my stomach had the biggest cramp I'd ever felt.

"Oooowwww! Fuck!" I screamed, arching my back.

Nicole ran up to me. "Bella are you okay?"

"I'm uh, I'm fine." I stood up and grimaced in pain. I felt some sort of ball crawl up my throat.

And then I ran to the bathroom.

I bent down to the toilet and barfed the most disgusting barf I've ever seen. For a second I wondered how that came out of me.

Nicole pulled my hair back and pat my back as the barf just kept coming and coming. I began to think I'd never stop throwing up.

But finally, I was able to breathe. I stood up, grabbed a towel, and faced the hotel mirror.

I wiped my face, and noticed Charlie and Daisy staring at me in the doorway. I didn't care anymore.

I walked back to the bed and faceplanted on the pillow. (A/N: me every Monday after school😂) I was thankful the pain was lessening.

"Bella, are you okay?" I heard Nicole's gentle, soothing voice.

"I'm fine." I inhaled carefully, and exhaled; my right hand continued to rub my stomach in slow, circular movements.

"Why did that happen?"

"I don't know..."

I heard Nicole gulp. "Bella, did you and Ryan ever... you know... Prove your love?" I cringed at her choice of words.

"Yes. Of course we did."

"Okay. Well, did you ever consider that you might possibly be preg--"

Nicole didn't even have to finish the word before I fainted on the soft pillow.

Fuck.

------------------
Hey everyone ;)
Love the plot twist?

Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated, but I've just been kinda busy. I'll try my best to get back on updates, but when authors say that, it never happens.

Anywho, I hope ya'll loved this chapter! I know I did!!

See you beautiful people next time❤

xx
CloudiLynn