jokes in a murder (e)

^this is the written out version of that clip from a turkish show (with little twists). don't watch yet. ^

y/n was at the murder scene, the place a party was thrown yesterday and a girl had supposedly "fell" from the balcony from. the place was packed during the time yet nobody had seen how she fell or who threw her but there was a possible victim who just needed a little more evidence to prove his case. she was looking for the evidence despite it being her second day in the big city and first day in her job.

she squatted near the pool under the controversial balcony, analyzing the 2 big spots that marked the fall, the dead girls blood. and despite the sun being out, her hood was over her head and she was wearing glasses. her identity was nearly hidden and she could've easily been mistaken for the person that helped with the murder if she hadn't carried around her police badge in her pocket.

and, she had. the shadow visible in the pavement that she was sitting on had their grip on the gun and gun pointed at straight at her head. she brought her arms back to her jean pockets out of instinct forgetting she hadn't gotten her gun. she slowly turned around, with her hands up.

"why'd you go to your back pocket? do you have a gun?" the officer asked when she was completely up.

"no." she said and then turned around slowly turned around with her hands still up to show her back pocket. "it's a habit. sometimes i take it with me, other times i don't. it's so i don't get caught killing people." she said, half joking.

"what are you doing here? don't you know this is a crime scene?" the officer said with his face in a serious expression; his gun still aimed at her head.

she didn't take time to answer. "drop down your gun" y/n said, causing a smirk to form on the officers face and his eyebrows to raise up.

"ohhh is that a threat i hear? we're getting bold now aren't we?" he said, talking out his police badge with left hand, still holding the gun with his right. "careful champ"

his police badge with his picture and name on it was visible right in front of y/n's face. "ethan grant dolan" it said in tiny print while the badge itself shined in the light just like y/n's would've if she took it out. but, she just decided to go along.

"you look very nice in that photo sir." she said with a serious expression before he had the chance to put away his badge and id. he stopped himself before he could roll his eyes.

"take off your hoodie and glasses so i can see you" he said.

she rolled her eyes and then took off her hoodie and glasses. it seemed like officer ethan liked what he saw even though he didn't say anything.

"is this all? can i go now?" she replied.

"no that's not all. you're gonna have to come down with me to the office."

y/n rolled her eyes but just said "fine. where's your car?"

ethan slowly put his arm down so the gun wasn't pointing at y/n and he grabbed her arm to bring her to his car.

"i mean, i can walk on my own but if you insist on holding my arm you can do that too" y/n said joking.

the officer ethan rolled his eyes and continued to bring her there.

they both sat in the cop car now, ethan driving and y/n in the back seat, putting music on. next thing you know, she was dancing to drake on full blast from her phone. it wasn't against the law and so ethan couldn't tell her to stop playing the music or dancing. so instead, he rolled his eyes because of the nerve this girl had.

in the police office now, y/n sat first, looking really comfortable with her leg over the other one. shaking his head, ethan also sat.

"so, what do you have to say?" he asked, kind of desperate for an explanation.

"um, i can actually go for some tea right now. can you get me some?" ethan looked at y/n with amusement, feeling like she was getting too bold. "oh really? what else would you want?" he asked, sarcastically.

"oh- well, i'm kind of hungry if i'm being honest right now. can you also get me a snack too?" she answered. he rolled his eyes.

"talk to me now. what were you doing in that crime scene?" he said, more seriously now.

"what?? you're gonna be asking me this here?" y/n answered. it seemed like they only communicated with questions.

"where else would i be asking you?" he asked, confused.

"i don't know, you tell me. don't you guys have a special room for that or something?"

"yeah, we do" he answered. "exactly, so why don't you ask me there?" she questioned.

he looked at her with squinted eyes, like he was trying to find something out. "you work for grayson and his team, don't you?" he asked her. now this was the important part- grayson was the suspected person. his name in cases like this always came up, only because he was always the one that got away with murder. there was always nothing to prove his case so you could've just see him strolling down your street.

y/n shrugged her shoulders. "i cant speak without my lawyer here" she said. ethan raised his eyebrows looking annoyed. if this wasn't his job and the girl in front of him wasn't a possible murderer, this wouldn't have been the case.

"what's your name?" he asked finally.

"ohhh see? this is the question you were supposed to ask me at first." she said.

ethan grew furious at this. he fixed his position so he was closer to y/n. "oh really? you're really enjoying this right now aren't you?" he asked, looking intimidating now. but, y/n didn't fix her smirk. "yep. i am" she said.

"hand me your id" he ordered, getting up. y/n knew this wasn't something she could say no to. so, she reached for her back pocket and took out her wallet with her id in it. this is what was going to give her joke away she thought. she handed her id to him and looked down ready to get caught.

but, he didn't look at the picture or the id at all. "joe, come here" he said, signaling the guy working on the computer to come over. he gave him the id y/n handed to put her in a cell. "i'll be gone downstairs on the computer helping stacy find something that would help with the case." he said and joe nodded but when ethan was gone and he finally looked down, his face grew a shocked expression.

-
minutes later, ethan came up. looking confused onto why the girl he expected to be locked up was still sitting on the couch he left her at. "joe, come here." he called out for him and joe came near him and without saying anything, he handed him the same id y/n handed him before.

ethan nodded to joe showing him that he accepted the fact that he just got pranked then, he facepalmed and went to sit in front of y/n, who was smirking now.

"this isn't funny you know, you took my time that i could've spent wasting on finding evidence but instead you decided on joking in a murder case."

y/n shrugged her shoulders, still keeping her smirk.

"i think you got it all wrong though. i'm not just your co worker. i'm your boss and this is your first strike and this is just your first day. two more and you're out." he said.

"no, no, no. tomorrow is. that's how it works. you show me around today and then tomorrow is when i start." she said which caused the intimidating officer in front of her to roll his eyes.

"fine."