colors (g)

y/n was blind her whole life. despite not being able to see, she had two very best friends she hanged out with ever since diapers. being there neighbors were a plus, that's also how their guys' parents had met and became best friends also.

no matter how much she loved them both, she felt another type of liking towards grayson. this didn't change how she liked ethan though, they were both her favorite people in the world.

she really did wish she was able to see both though. she was curious to how they looked. she also wondered how she looked herself. should she have felt self conscious around them? what if she was a 1 from 1-10 out of beauty and the guys were straight 10's? she would've never known.

also at the same time though, it didn't really bother her not being able to see. she heard the way people degraded themselves before. she would've been better off to staying curious then hating the way she looks, she thought. it was weird and probably unrelatable to all the rest of the blind people in the world.

"grayson, goddammit, close the door" she said once gray came inside her room. he knocked, then y/n had told him to come in without even asking for who it was. she could've easily tell who was knocking by the loudness of the door, when somebody was knocking. also the loudness of the creaking staircase when one had came upstairs, the rhythm of the footsteps and things in that order.

that's was one thing that was different between the twins. ethan was always the one that was louder, he was also more blunt then grayson was, expressed what was in his mind more often and anything like that. following this, his footsteps were even more louder. the way he would barge in a room was more expressive - i guess you can call it. he had his own style and y/n loved him for that.

but grayson, everything from him was more gentle. his footsteps almost had no noise. he didn't have the habit of just "barging in a room", even after he'd knock his gentle knock. his voice even seemed more soothing for y/n.

but, he was also the one that wasn't the type to express his feelings that often. only when he had something funny to say or just when he wanted too but that wasn't enough to make him a social person. he got more shy than ethan ever had in certain situations and he had a habit of being more nonchalant. but y/n loved that about him.

"damn b, you have superpowers." grayson said in a silly way. he could've never understand how y/n could've just do simple things like that that non- blind people had troubles doing sometimes. no matter how much he tried to say it in a funny way though, he truly did believe that y/n actually had superpowers. so did ethan.

y/n just smiled and felt the opposite side of her bed dent signaling that grayson had sat on it.

"where's ethan, gray? you guys usually always come in together." she said, breaking the silence.

"home. had homework to do." he said and then laughed. "the teacher hates his ass."

y/n smiled at the thought of grayson smiling but frowned a little afterwords because of the image of ethan doing his homework alone. she just couldn't though and that frustrated her. no matter how hard she tried to, she just couldn't picture them in her head especially since she's never ever seen her best friends before.

if she had the chance to only see only two people in the world, including herself, she would've chosen ethan and grayson. she knew they were twins, yeah, but she also knew she would've been able to tell them apart if she was able to see them. she imagined them not looking the same at all. after all these years, knowing and understanding their differences, there was no way they could've looked the same; she thought and grew frustrated. she wouldn't ever be able to see. she didn't even want to see herself this bad.

"grayson, describe to me how you look." y/n said. it wasn't the first time she asked that from the one of them. it was always hard for ethan or grayson, whoever she asked to describe themselves because she couldn't even see colors. she would've have no clue what 'brown' hair was or 'hazel eyes' looked like.

grayson sighed. "that doesn't work y/n, remember?" y/n could've sense the sadness in his voice. he badly wanted her to see too.

"just do it gray."

"okay, okay. well, let me start with my hair. it's a dark shade." y/n frowned. gray had forgotten she didn't know the difference between light or dark. "it's soft and longer then ethans." she layed back on her bed, getting more comfortable.

"your eyes, talk about your eyes." she said and then felt gray lay next to her as well. "well, they change a little in the light." he said, trying to describe it.

"wait, your eyes can get bigger or smaller?" y/n interrupted, getting up a little. ethan nor grayson talked about 'their eyes changing' when describing them before.

"no, no. the color. the color changes. i mean, my eye color." grayson said which caused y/n to lay back again. "you know, i don't know what you mean by that. i don't know what you mean when you say lighter or darker either. i would never be able to know. i'm sorry, you were right, describing how you look to me isn't gonna do anything." y/n said with a sigh.

after a while, grayson broke the silence. "you might not be able to see, but you can feel them. well, the features on my face. if you can trace them then you can feel how they look."

y/n shifted up a little. "how?" she said which caused grayson to grab her hands and place them on his face. first, he made her touch his hair.

"i know that's your hair grayson." "yeah, feel it. try to imagine the color" he said, letting go of her hands so she can feel his hair by herself.

y/n thought he was just being dumb. she possibly couldn't just imagine colors she hasn't seen before. but, she closed her eyes anyways.

she felt his hair, ran her fingers all on it. then, focused on the colors she wanted to see. out of nowhere, a dark forest came to her mind. that's what she was picturing. of course though, without color. just objects like trees and the ground.. yeah his hair was reminding her of the ground in a forest.

with the descriptions people gave of dirt, she knew it was dirty. the color brown was vivid in her mind."oh my god, dirt." she said out of nowhere which caused grayson to grab her hands with a wide and hopeful smile on his face.

"what about dirt y/n?" he said excitedly. "your hair and the dirt, they're the same color right?" she said with the same excitement grayson carried.

before she knew it, she was in grayson's arms getting swung. "yes y/n oh my gosh! yes! you got it." he said with pure joy in his voice and a smile the same size as y/n's on his face. he finally put her down. "i'm so so proud of you i knew you had that in you. i'm so proud of you." he repeated with happiness in his voice.

-
"okay, now do some other feature." he said, now calm when they were both plopped on the bed again. y/n ran her fingers on grayson's face slowly again and stopped them at his lips.

grayson swallowed. "try to relate that to something else now." he said. y/n didn't respond. only concentrated on the shape of his lips and focused on what could be the color.

the only thing running through her mind was the holiday valentine's day. this was weird to her. how could a color and holiday relate with each other?

a while passed by and silence was still in the air, until grayson had broke it again. "come on, what does it remind you of?" he said.

"it's weird, i don't know" she replied. grayson knew her for to long to know that she was thinking of something. "just say it, y/n" he said.

"i don't know, it reminds me of hearts and candy and..." grayson was smiling. "what
y/n?"

"love, you're lips remind me of love." she just said, feeling the tension in the air.

"i got it wrong didn't i? i'm so stupid you were right-" she rambled until grayson interrupted with her with a kiss on her lips.

"no, you were right"