not just a pretty girl (e)

inspired by the song "pretty girl" by maddie lindemann. ^

808 words

-think of yourself as a famous instagram model

y/n was sick of the world. not because she was feeling sad or anxious but because all she would come across while scrolling through her feed were "omg ur so pretty" comments, even when she posted photos to embrace things other than how she looks. she was hella pretty though.

for an example, she posted a photo of her next to an elephant at the zoo the other day to show people to take care of them and help stop animal abuse, since her social platform and caption would've helped. scrolling through the hundreds of comments, she grew frustrated. there wasn't any of the "you're so nice" ( even though that's not why she posted it) or "i now want to donate to an animal shelter or zoo now" comments. only the usual- "you're so pretty", "😍😍", "goals", and yeah, you get it.

all though she was, of course, grateful and the first couple of times were okay, she was eventually fed up. people only saw her as a pretty girl.

so, she wanted to change that. she tweeted-

i'm so sick of people just focusing on how i look other then what i do. i'm grateful that i have people always hyping me up and complimenting me but that's just not all i am. all i'm saying is that i'm trying to change the world for the better but nobody's really paying attention.

with the number of followers she had and the amount of people who agreed with her or related to her, it got thousands of retweets and a bunch of comments in just the first hour. she felt better.

-

a couple of days later, she posted a picture of her wearing a shirt she got from a multicultural festival and then some other pictures of her in the festival. she captioned it-

embrace who you are. where you come from, your ethnicity, religion and everything in that order is so fascinating.

everything was going good. she got a bigger and newer variety of comments. there were many conversations in the comments; people sharing their languages/ religions to each other. all in all, there were a lot of people making new friends, relating or whatever.

looking at this, y/n smiled to herself brightly, reading some of the conversations. her face only changed when she got a notification indicating she got a dm. but not just from anyone, it was from ethan dolan himself.

yeah, y/n thought he was cute or whatever but she didn't think that much of him. minutes after stalking his page, she opened his dm.

"you're so beautiful "

she at first smiled, but then her eyebrows furrowed, indicating that she was close to being furious. she didn't respond to his dm because it seemed like he didn't even pay attention to her tweet in the first place.

minutes after, he dmed her again. this time, y/n opened it almost immediately.

"yes i saw your latest tweet, i just had to tell you."

y/n smiled now. he seemed cuter to her now, now that he showed that he didn't just look over something like that.

with the natural peach blush on her cheeks, she just replied with a- "thank you💘"

not leading the conversation on further, ethan was also just smiling on the other side. that was of course until he noticed his message probably come off unlike how he wanted it to. he got back real quick and typed in-

"oh and i'm not talking about your physical features either, although those are also gorgeous. i'm talking about your heart."

although he was nervous enough to debate sending it, the message read delivered milliseconds after. and then a minute or so after, it signaled that y/n was typing.

y/n on the other hand, sat on her couch, in front of her now muted tv. she was blushing really hard, enough to not notice that she was also smiling with her teeth like a lunatic at nothing but her phone screen.

well then again, who wouldn't blush and smile like crazy at a dm like that from ethan dolan?

the reason ethan, on the other hand was faced to the "typing.." next to y/n's name was because of the true fact that she was still thinking of something to reply with. the final sent message was-

"aww thank you. that was really sweet"

"sweet like the cookies they serve in cherry ave, the east side. we should grab a bite together sometime, what do you say?"
ethan smoothly replied.

"sure, why not :)

was y/n's answer. it made ethan smile brighter then he already was, which was close to impossible.

days later, they were going to have a date at the coffee shop, eating sweets like cookies and talking. a lot of cute awkwardness and visible blushes included.