graffiti artists(e) pt 1

1095 words

-

- a few hours ago

"yeah, people say his name is ethan" you best friend carly started talking about the new kid.

she annoyed you like everybody else did but you thought you had to fake it and deal with it to fit in. otherwise, you would have no friends and would've had to try harder to stay out of trouble, which was a hard thing to do already on its own.

"cool" you spit out bluntly, not sounding interested. "yeah, and you know what else? people say he already got a tattoo. 15 and has a tattoo! girl, isn't that crazy? he probably begged and begged for it." 

"wow- yeah that's cool" you uninterestedly said. again, hiding the fact that you also had a tattoo. yes, 15 and has a tattoo! 

this ethan kid started sounding more interesting but it wasn't anything to think about for you. the only thing getting worked up in your head was how annoying carly is. 

continuing to eat your food in the cafeteria, carly annoyed you again. "look! that's him" she interrupted. 

he was wearing black jeans, black combat boots, a black leather jacket over a black shirt and his dark brown hair had a purple streak in it. this was the style you wanted in a guy but his overall aroma was a turnoff. he seemed like he tried too hard. also, his face was ugly for you because of his jaw and his head was too big in your opinion. he probably didn't even own a bike so his style was near- useless. 

the whole way to the table in front of yours, he was making eye contact with you. it was obvious to anyone who wasn't carly. "oh my gosh!" he was looking at me the whole way, did you see that?" carly blindly said, believing her dumb self. 

"yeah, totally carly" you replied trying not to sound sarcastic enough to give it away.

"wow he's so hot" carly said turning to face you know.  "totally your type." 

"eh" you took a bite of your muffin. "not really. i like light skins." 

carly looked at you confused. "you said tom holland and shawn mendes are sexy the other day and you would 10/10 smash so i'm not hearing it." she played around with the salad in front of her with her fork. little did she know, even though you were being honest, you kind of said that so she could be quiet for once.

"oh and look- you guys are basically dressed the same exact." she continued which caused you to look down at your short black skirt and black combat boots identical to his.on top, you had on a black shirt and black jean jacket over it. then- you looked at carly again. she was wearing a pink floral dress with nude flats underneath. 

looking at her now eating her salad- you remembered something. "wait- don't you like that kid-  what was his name? alex or something?"

"oh my gosh! yes! he's so cute!" she grew an evident smile on her face which caused you to fake a smile. 

if she's so into alex then it wouldn't hurt finding out ethan wasn't checking her out. whatever. 

-present

"okay mom, im tired. goodnight." y/n said putting her dishes in the sink. 

"this time honey?" she checked her watch. " tomorrow's not a school night though, are you sure?" she asked again. 

"yes mom" y/n rolled her eyes. "oh and just leave the dishes in the sink. ill make sure to wash them tomorrow morning." she shouted from the hallway right outside her door.

y/n kept being nice- well trying to- despite knowing she wasn't her real mom. she figured out she was adopted a long time ago but her mom didn't know, and still hasn't figured out. so, she keeps faking it by going along with it, even though she can't help but hate her internally. 

still standing outside her door, y/n shouts something that would help her with her plan afterward. "mom! dont come into my room after. im going to be sleeping naked." 

with that, she shut her door and undid her bed. she got all the blankets in her room and tied each en together. when she was all done, she changed her skirt into black jeans and her jacket into a big black hoodie that had the most design on it compared to all her other clothes. "betty bop" written in a dark, reddish brown on the hoodie part. 

next, she tied one end of the blanket rope to her door, securely. then finally, she opened her window and let down her diy rope. 

this step was the hardest so far- she had to go down the rope without making any noise and without stepping on the AC that was on the bottom, for their basement. when she finally got to the bottom, she made an effort to jump a little towards the side of the AC so she didn't break anything. 

after meeting her goal, she attempted to climb over their fence. she just needed one final thing and then she could've leave. not forever, of course. just one night. 

getting the bag filled with the items she wanted, she climbed back out. one half of the hard part for the night was done.

running down her street now, she surprisingly had no final destination. it was either the old factory near a bridge that was far away, the train tracks that were actually close to her home surprisingly or- the back of the nearest plaza that was the next closest. 

she made up her mind- she chose the back of the plaza. she didn't want to be a wuss and choose the train tracks  and she didn't want to run all that so she  didn't choose the factory. besides, the plaza had more space and less to no cameras. 

so, she made her way to the plaza. it was a struggle running that far in a dark night like that but then again, all the times before, she gained from. 

she ran the two miles and was near there, quicker then she was ever, beating her personal record. this also meant she was more tired and it was harder for her to catch her breath. 

before she got any closer to her destination,  she put on her hoodie. the hoodie itself was too big for her so the hood part also covered most of her face. 

then, she took out the items from her bag and got straight to business.