attention (g)

inspired by the song fairplay by kiana ledé and attention by charlie puth.

-612 words
grayson was watching his ex lover from across the room of the same club they were in when they met. his ex y/n, in a tight sparkly short bright red dress he's never seen her in before.

she didn't pay attention to him sitting with his drink in his hands, across from the bartender. but if she was paying attention, she would've been able to see the vein popping out of his head, his jaws clenched and his knuckles snow white, caused by his knuckles also being clenched.

he took another sip of his expensive rosé and shot piercing glares toward y/n. also, if she was paying attention, she would've felt intimidated by his glaze.

dancing with a random dude behind her, an unknown alcoholic drink on her right hand, she swayed her hips with the music in the other hand didn't seem to be enjoying.

she knew exactly what she was doing. she knew she had graysons eyes all on her. why would've she came to the party if he wasn't going anyways? 'two can play this game' she thought as she made sure she didn't glance towards him.

a few weeks or so ago, there was a party grayson and y/n both got invited to. grayson attended his friends party with another girl, and left y/n watching them from afar. grayson loved the attention, being geeked over. he knew and loved the fact that y/n was hurting when watching them, the same way it's happening right now, but opposite in a way.

"that day could've marked our one year relationship" y/n kept thinking and dancing. same with grayson but he wasn't dancing. just sitting and watching them from the far the same way y/n did at the party. she just smiled through every thought and memory she had with grayson, no matter how much she just wanted to break down and cry, same as grayson.

out of nowhere, grayson felt the need to take out his phone. so, he did and started texting y/n, even though she was right there, even still visible through his peripheral vision as he kept typing.

he fidgeted around with the letters on the keyboard in his phone but managed to type out one of the things that was keeping him high-

cups of the rosé

he knew y/n wasn't gonna open up her phone anytime soon, she seemed busy; but despite this, he still kept typing. what he wrote was on his mind next.

bitches in my old phone. i should call one and go home.

he did have bunch of 'bitches' on his phone. girls were all up on him. he sarcastically smiled at just the thought. it was a sarcastic smile because it was ironic for him. all these girls that would love to be with him- but- but he only had heart eyes for y/n.

the irony- the one girl he would take back any second was the one not showing any sorts of interest towards him whatsoever.

and he did truly think he should leave home. he's been in this club to long. deep down, he knew he knew he should leave.

that would've been the best thing in this situation because he knew he wouldn't have enough control to stop himself if he ever started beating up the guy y/n was dancing with.

instead, he just typed in and sent another message before he finally called an uber and left.

the woman that I would try is happy with a good guy

the funny thing was, he also deep down knew that she did it just for attention

-
also one of my faves