Familiar Faces

Bruce pov

It had been a week since my... interesting... encounter with Catwoman. She was definitely not what I expected. I thought she was just another low life criminal, but after she helped me look for Selina, I was grateful to her. Well, that, and the fact that she agreed to keep my identity a secret. Maybe she wasn't so bad after all.

I entered the Batcave just as the sun was setting, and went straight over to my monitors to inspect that days footage. This was a ritual I repeated daily, hoping to catch a glimpse of Selina amongst the hours of otherwise worthless camera feed. I sat there for several minutes, tapping away at the keys, waiting for her to make herself known.

Selina pov

I knew he knew I was here. I was just curious to see who would get bored and speak up first. It was me.

"Are you gonna get me a key for this place or do I have to keep sneaking in." I purred, jumping down from my perch on a rock face and flaunting over before leaning casually against the desk to his left.

"No." He stated bluntly. "But I would be willing to consider a cat flap."

I couldn't help but snort a giggle at his jab, and he smiled too. It was odd, hanging out with Bruce when he didn't know it was me he was talking to. He still thought I was some random street dweller with a cat obsession.

"So what's on the menu for tonight? Steal a pair of diamond earrings, snag a few wallets, ooo how about rob a bank!" I joked, picking up a pencil from the desk and sharpening the tip with my nails.

"Actually, I was thinking more patrol." He stated, smiling slightly.

"You're never any fun." I sulked, examining the newly sharpened pencil before twirling it between my fingers.

"Yes, because breaking the law is sooo exhilarating." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and turning in his chair to face me.

"Now you're getting it." I smiled.

"How about no." He retorted.

"Fine, we'll do it your way." I huffed, placing down the pencil and standing.

"Well come on then, get geared, we got some ghost hunting to do." I demanded, ushering him from his seat.

He held up his hands in surrender and walked over to where he kept his suit.

As soon as he was out of sight, I grabbed the keys to the Batmobile before strutting over and hopping into the drivers seat. I traced my hands along the wheel, before carving 'Cat' in small lettering into its leather. I smirked at my childishness before turning to find him sat in shotgun.

"I knew cats were territorial but pretty sure this doesn't belong to you." He said, clearly somehow amused.

"You're not even a tiny bit annoyed I defaced your precious car?" I questioned, batting my eyes innocently.

"I have thick skin." He replied. "Now get out."

"Harsh." I recoiled, pretending to act wounded.

"You were the one who was insisting we have work to do."

"Exactly, and I know the Narrows better than anyone, so I'm driving."

"Who says." He responded childishly. Maybe he's not the bitter Bat I had him pegged as.

"Me, obviously." I challenged.

"You scratch it, you pay for it." He conceded. Was he actually giving in?!

"You have more than enough money to by a twin one of these, don't even act like you would be upset." I joked, putting the car into gear. "Plus, we both know this thing is bullet proof."

And with that, we sped out of the cave, Bruce screaming at me to watch out for pedestrians the entire ride.

I drove us way out into the outskirts of the town, and round to a seemingly run down bar.

We exited the car in unison. We must have been an odd sight to anyone around: a alien looking vehicle driven and copiloted by people with a seeming animal fetish; horrific.

I laughed at the thought as I led the way into the bar, the Bat only ever half a step behind. Inside, instead of expecting to find several lowlives and drunken fools, we ran straight into trouble: Barbara.

When I returned to Gotham, I visited both Tabby and Barbara as Selina, but didn't opt to reveal my second identity. Since then, I had stayed with them several times before finding my own place and crashing alone. Don't get me wrong I caught up with them now and then, but right now, the timing wasn't the best. I had planned to steer Bruce away from the two of them so as to keep him from knowing I was even in the vicinity, but finding Barbara sat alone in a roughed up bar drinking from the bottle was definitely not what I had expected.

Bruce didn't waste a second. He clearly thought I had lead him to Selina by finding Barbara so he smiled at me before turning cold and walking over to her. Brilliant.

"Barbara Keen." He began.

"What's it to you." She retorted, her voice corrupt with the effects of alcohol.

"I'm looking for Selina Kyle." He stated bluntly.

"Look, if she owes you money then don't bother looking, she disappeared a long time ago." She hissed, jabbing a ginger into his chest.

"I have reason so believe she's back in Gotham." He said coldly.

"And I have reason to believe that you're ruining my night!" She exclaimed, reaching behind her back to withdraw a gun from its usual spot on her tailbone. Before she had a chance to, I bore my whip and looped it around her wrist, knocking the weapon to the floor, at which moment Bruce kicked it towards me.

"Hey! That's Tabby's whip." She shouted, whipping her hand around frantically to try and undo the leather rope coiled around her wrist.

"Not anymore." I said, tugging it sharply so she was forced to stand from her barstool.

"You're going to regret that little kitten." She threatened "I thought we worked quite well together!"

With that, I yanked her toward me and brought my fist to her temple, knocking her out cold.

Bruce was over me in an instant, and boy was he mad.

"What the hell are you doing? She might know where Selina is!" He shouted

"Her own fault for piping up to me." I retorted, folding my arms.

"She said she worked with you! You knew where she was all along! You could have brought me to her a long time ago." He yelled

"How was I supposed to know who you were looking for or who she has connections with! You don't tell me anything! And I didn't mind that until you started making accusations, Batboy!" I spat, shoving him back so he wasn't so close to me. "I was trying to help but since you think you have it all under control, be my guest! I'll see you around or whatever."

Not giving him a chance to reply, I stormed out of the building, before sprinting down an alley and scaling a fire escape. Stupid billionaire with his stupid outfit and his stupid car thinking he's better than me, thinking he can accuse me.

I watched from the rooftop as he bundled Barbara into his car and drove off into the dark streets.