Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Stop it!" The teacher yelled, adding on to my embarrassment. She came over to me and helped me up. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yes."

I sat out for the rest of the game, and the teacher asked to talk to me.

"What happened at the gym?" She asked.

I smiled. "Nothing. I just got hit on accident. It's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Thank you." I walked out of the room and into the locker.

I opened it, only to find nothing inside. My clothes were all gone. I started to panic. I heard a laugh behind me. I turned around and saw Cathryn and Claire.

"Don't have clothes to change into?" Claire asked.

"Where did you put it?"

"How would we know?" Cathryn chuckled.

"But I suggest you should keep you clothes dry next time," Claire said, walking away with Cathryn.

I ran to the bathroom, and there I saw my clothes in the sink, the water filling it up. Girls were staring at me as I rushed to them the water off. My clothes were soaked. The bell rang, and once again, I was going to be late. I was so stressed and frustrated, I wanted to cry.

Picking up my clothes, I squeezed the water into the sink and hung it in my gym locker to let it dry. I grabbed my stuff and went to my locker to get the spare clothes I always had. I changed out of my gym clothes, and went to class.

The teacher glared at me as I walked in, but didn't say anything. I sat down and sighed. I missed half of the class already.

At lunch, I was going to sit alone. But, Matthew, Summer, and Natalie had other plans. They joined me at my table.

"Hey," Natalie said, a smile on her face as usual.

I didn't want to be near them. I hurt everyone around me. I just wanted to leave.

"You should eat something," Summer said.

"It's okay. I'm not hungry."

Honestly, how many times have I said that before? How many times have I lied to people I care about?

"At least eat this! I baked it myself!" Summer suggested. I would feel bad if I didn't eat her homemade cookies, but I would also feel worse about myself.

"I-I mean... if you don't want to... it's fine," Summer said, looking genuinely upset.

I forced a smile as I took a cookie. I took a bite. Summer held her gaze, probably waiting for me to finish it. I had no choice but to eat the whole thing. It was pretty good, to be honest.

"How is it?" Natalie asked.

"It's good," I replied.

"Want more?" Summer asked.

"I think she's good," a voice said from behind me. "Evanna is already fat enough."