"Are you blackmailing me?" she gave me an incredulous look.

"Whatever way you want to put it as, sweetheart. And now give me your top," I held out my open palm to her. Students have gathered around us, entertaining themselves from the show.

"What? Are you crazy?" she looked at me like I just grew another head.

"Well. You've got two options. You lose your beautiful top from Channel or you lose your position as a cheerleader," I saw her grimace at the last part. I knew how much she cared about reputation and how her mom is going to be furious if she is no more a cheerleader, something about a long line of cheerleaders from their family.

"Well?" I indicated towards my palm.

She grumbled some incoherent curses. After going to the women's restroom area, she handed me her top and I compelled her to wear my coffee-stained t-shirt. Tit for tat. Surprisingly she agreed because she knew there was no way out of this. After wearing the maroon-colored silk top, I checked my makeup in the mirror and reapplied some red gloss before departing. I had already missed calculus, so I was grateful. Walking by Veronica, I murmured, "Payback is a bitch only when you are. Buh-bye. And thanks for the top by the way," and with that being said I walked off leaving behind a glaring Veronica.

Sometimes I wonder how much of a bitch I can be.

While passing through the hallway, something outside caught my eye. I walked up to the window to get a closer look. That something was the back of someone wearing a leather jacket. Carter.

He was sitting on the roof of our building and from my side, I can only see him and no one else. Our building was five-storeyed and the restroom was on the fourth floor. Our building was closed at all the edges so it was like a room and hence I could see Carter through the window from the opposite wall.

And all the thoughts of respecting privacy and not being the curious cat flew out of my head. I needed to see them and find out what happened. Oh God, I sounded like such a hypocrite. Nonetheless, I slowly ascended towards the stairs and climbed up as quietly as possible. Luckily all my gymnast tricks and my lean figure was coming to work as I reached the gate of the rooftop noiselessly. The door never had a lock luckily and I braced myself for what I was going to see as I threw it open.

But as soon as I opened the door, sure enough, there was a problem. The problem that always refuses to dissolve. Carter fucking Harvey.

"Hello, Krystal. Was expecting you," he gave me a devilish smirk.

I ignored him and tried to peek behind his large shoulders. Cameron was shirtless, and, in the process of frantically hurrying to wear his t-shirt back. It was not that, which perplexed me. It was the smooth skin of his stomach, elegantly showcasing his abs, where it was supposed to have a large gash. It doesn't at all look like he's just been stabbed. In fact, it looks like he has never been stabbed at all.

My eyes widened in horror.

Carter caught my reaction and spoke up, "Oops. You were not supposed to see that," he started ushering me outside. I was so shocked that I obeyed him unknowingly.

"What? B-but h-how? I mean, how can..." I trail off, unable to form sentences. That wasn't an everyday scene.

"It doesn't matter Krystal. Now come on," he demands.

"What do you mean by it doesn't matter? He's supposed to be injured? How -how can heal so fast? That's unnatural," my voice wavered. I was suddenly afraid of them.

"We heal fast. It's absolutely normal. But-"

"What do you mean we? What are you?" I cut him off.