"Don't you think that they are hiding something? I mean why wouldn't they go to the nurse? And what the hell was?" Maria gave me an incredulous look as we're moving by a boy who had decided not to move his ass till the end of the world.

Groaning, I finally yelled at him, "Could you like please move that, I mean, you know, move yourself? "

The boy shot daggers at me.

"Hold on. I'm stuck," he said and I gave him an annoyed look. After a while, thanks to the love of God, he finally succeeded and we moved along.

"And as for your question Mare, yes I think they are hiding something but then again, ain't my business so...," I trailed off.

"But I want to follow them and find out," Maria whined.

"No. We're not meddling into their personal matters," I deadpan.

"But-"

"No."

"C'mon just a sneak -"

"I SAID NO!"

Even though I said that I wasn't so sure myself. Even I was dying to know what they were hiding, but I had read and seen enough books and movies to know that a small act of curiosity didn't usually end well; and you either end up being a part of the cult or worse, dead. So I didn't want to side with my curiosity. It's not that I'm a coward. I do know how to defend myself in need, but the thing is I respect someone's privacy. I have always hated the fact that when someone doesn't want you to involve in their private matters, you should leave that, not be the stubborn asshole and stumble into their pit of secrets, no matter how shady they act. It was what it was. Besides, I have already landed into a lot of troubles in my life due to curiosity, and I'm not doing this one. Although their shady behavior was only igniting my curiosity, I needed to let it go. Whatever it was, I didn't need to know that. Probably.

The dimly lit hallways of our school were filled with students rushing to their respective classes

The dimly lit hallways of our school were filled with students rushing to their respective classes. I had calculus now, and I wondered whether Carter would be there. Nobody had seen the Harveys since lunch break and this made me wonder if Cameron was all right. But they said that they had it under control. Right? That was a pretty deep cut. And now thinking about it, my mind went back to Taylor, and confusion and anger filled my heart and brain. But I needed to stop my train of thoughts before my brain gets more tangled in this mess of confusion.

Suddenly a hot, brown, and sticky substance filled my white top and I stared at it in shock. Beside me, Maria gasped. I was so busy in my head, I forgot she was here. I looked up to see Veronica Chaises. Or to be precise, the typical blonde bitch. Except she wasn't the captain of the cheerleading squad. I was.

"Oops, I didn't see you were there Krystal," her extra shrill voice made me cringe.

"Better watch your step next time. I mean sure you don't want to fail the cheerleader, now would you?" I teased her and looked her in the eyes which were so so green.