Chapter Five

Hey hey! :D How is everyone doing? I finally got this chapter done! Yay :) Hope you enjoy it! Remember to vote, comment, fan!! Any of those would make me so happy! Don't be a silent reader! :D

               "Phew!"

               I dropped down into my chair, letting the bags I was holding fall onto the ground beside me. Ellie, Izzy, and I had shopped for about three hours since we left school. Jeez, that girl is crazy. Put Ellie inside a mall and she turns into a hopping, energy bunny on caffeine. But, I grudgingly admitted, her energy got to me, and Izzy and I had ended up buying many cute things we saw.

                "Hey, hey!" Izzy calls out. Her and Ellie lay the plates of pizza on the circular table. Staring at the triangular pieces of heaven, I drool. Literally. Digging in, all three of us satisfy our hungry, teenage bodies. Taking a particularly huge bite, I thought that whoever came up the idea of having food courts inside malls should deserve a medal.

                "So what's up with you and Reyn?" asks Ellie once we had calmed down a bit. She leaned forward on both her elbows and laid her chin on her clasped hands.

                  I choked on my pizza. Gagging, I reach for my cup of water and took a gulp, trying to clear my throat. Once my life was no longer in danger, I looked up and glared accusingly at Izzy. She blinked innocently at me.

                   "Nothing's going on," I replied confidently, "you know how he is with girls. He practically flirts with every girl in the school." However as I say the words, I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach. Somehow, I wanted to be different because no guy at school had ever paid me this much attention before. And as much as I wanted to deny it, the attention felt good.

                   "But it's probably nothing." I add.

                    Ellie and Izzy exchange glances, something passing between them.

                    Looking suspiciously at them, I take another sip of my water. "So are you guys going to tell me, or what?"

                     "Well," says Ellie slowly, "you are gorgeous, Nikki, even if you can't see it." I start to protest. "Do you want to hear this or not?" Ellie asks sternly. I nod reluctantly, holding my tongue.

                         "As I said Nikki, you are beautiful and girls would kill for your figure," What? I think incredulously. My figure? I was on the short side, only five four. Why would anybody want to be this short? I made a face however not voicing my doubts out loud. I stayed silent, wanting to hear what Ellie was going to say.

                      Izzy takes over. "Have you ever wondered why no one at school ever asks you out even though you're obviously a catch? All the guys stare at you and some of them talk to you, but no one has asked you out." She emphasizes.

                    I blush from their praise but what they said had hit a target. I had wondered, for two years, ever since I started going to Adelaide Academy. However, I had just assumed that nobody liked me. What are they trying to get at, I wondered.

                        Izzy leans closers and whispers. "Okay...Reyn has been telling all the guys at our school to stay away from you."

                          I gasp loudly, shock filling my entire body. People sitting around us look at me. I open my mouth but no sound comes out. What the eff? I think. All these years? All these years of being boyfriend-less, feeling like I wasn't as pretty as the other girls in school, and still not having been kissed was because of Reyn? I was pretty sure my eyes were as wide as saucers right now.