Chapter Two

Hey everybody! So here's chapter two! I hope you enjoy it and it would be lovely if you left a comment about how you feel about the story and how I can make it better! Cheers! :)

               Three minutes later, I was parked in front of Ellie's house. Glancing at the front door, I debated whether or not to go in and let her know I was here. Nah, I decided, she'll probably be out soon. I looked at Ellie's house again. It was huge, practically a mansion with its own garden out front. No matter how many times I've been here, my jaw drops every time.

              Ellie strolls down her driveway, smiling like an idiot. I smile, shaking my head. Today, she is wearing an extremely cute skirt with a peach blouse-like shirt. Her light brown hair was swept up in a bun with a few strands hanging around her face.

            "Wow, someone's glad to go to school today." I mutter as she plops into the passenger seat.

               Ellie turns towards me as I start the car. "You look gorgeous, Nikki! That top is doing its job." She squeals excitedly.

             "Thanks but I'm not. What job?" I look suspiciously over at her.

                 "Oh, you know. Since you'll wear a trash bag to school if you had your way." She says casually.

                   I gasp. "Ellie! I'm not that bad." I say, horrified, eyes round.

                     "Yeah, you aren't," she grudgingly replies, "but still, a best friend's gotta do what a best friend's gotta do."

                      "Uh huh." I turn on the radio and soon we're both singing at the top of our lungs. Then a rock song comes on. I stop singing and watch with disbelief as Ellie rocks out to the music, flipping her hair everywhere, yelling along to the lyrics. Who would've guessed at first glance that such a pretty girl could have that in her?

                     Feeling warm inside, I smile. Ellie was one of the only people that I could truly be myself around. I was lucky to have her as a friend even if she was crazy at times, no check that, always.

                   "Come on! Let's sing!" shouts Ellie as a new song comes on. One that I knew, thankfully. I joined in with vigor.

                     Out of breath, I look out the open window on my left, gasping for air when we came to a red light. An old couple was sitting in their car beside us, staring. Still energetic from the singing, I wave at them, wiggling my fingers. I giggle. This is something I would NOT do normally. I shrugged, oh well, I was on a music rush.

                       "What a horrible racket. Those kids will burst their eardrums, I say, burst their eardrums!" The old woman said with a tsk tsk. Looking at us with disgust, she turned back around, staring straight ahead and rolled up her window.

                         "Whoa! Someone's having issues!" Ellie says incredulously, staring at the woman. I laugh along with her but inside I feel a pang of guilt. It really was sort of our fault... Never mind, it's too late to apologize, I think to myself. I stare at the receding car of the old couple.

                          I take a deep breath, shaking off my thoughts. Unfortunately, new ones replaced them quickly. Nerves. I'm nervous for school. Nervous to see what everybody thinks of me.

                         Punching the gas with my foot, we race off towards Adelaide Academy. Heading to school, yippee, I thought.

                  So what do you think? I know it may not be that good since it's my first story but I'll keep trying my best. :) And in the next chapter, Nikki will actually get to the school so things will become more interesting! I hope, to you guys! Thanks for reading!

                                          Love, Vivian <3